Thread: Bookmark

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page:
  1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Bookmark

how to do i bookmark my site on bookmarking site in one day.and how to do that pages bookmark
    in one website.
  3. Dinosaur
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

In 2019 bookmarking is considered dead, in fact it can have a negative effect to your site.
    Clearly anyone replying to your post with where to / how to do bookmarking will be following old practises and I would urge you to not follow this outdated practise.

We see far too many posts from new users who have followed this technique asking the next question "My site won't rank how do I fix" or "my rankings have dropped how do I fix"

The simple answer is don't build backlinks.
    IMHO
  5. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

By giving a statement don't build backlinks - you mean NO BACKLINKS AT ALL? or just about social bookmarking?
  7. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Scholar (3000 - 3499 posts)

Originally Posted by Aleeza_William
    By giving a statement don't build backlinks - you mean NO BACKLINKS AT ALL? or just about social bookmarking?
    There is a difference between building links for traffic and for ranking. Of these two methods, one is safe and one is / can be highly dangerous !

If you don't understand the pro's and con's of link building then "Don't build links till you do know the difference and the why".

Just for the record, most would be link builders haven't a clue about doing it properly. It's this "not understanding the difference" that makes building links highly dangerous.

Comments on this post

• Chedders agrees
    If you have never failed in your life, you have never achieved anything Noteworthy !
  9. Dinosaur

As KOS has said there is a big difference between marketing your site and attempting to manipulate SERPS.
    Any links you build should only be for traffic and also contain the attribute rel="nofollow".

There was a phrase that used to be used a lot on this site. It was Link Earning, and that's how you should be thinking, not where can I post a link. In other words what can you add to your site / page that would make people want to link to it. You need to create a buz about your site and get people excited and talking about it, get creative and not just blindly follow what others are doing, that will never make you stand out from a crowded space.

Just going out and posting links on any site you can may see a spike in SERPS short term but be assured it will always end in tears.
    IMHO
  11. Digital Marketing

Originally Posted by Chedders
    Any links you build should only be for traffic and also contain the attribute rel="nofollow".
    Inbound links are still the #1 ranking signal. Let's make sure people know that it's your opinion that you should only get nofollow links.

There's nothing in the world wrong with building links that manipulate Google's results. You just have to know how to do it.
    Last edited by KernelPanic; May 10th, 2019 at 12:39 PM.
  13. Dinosaur

I agree inbound links are still very important.

However advocating link building in 2019 is website suicide. Personally I have not created a inbound follow link in over 3 years deliberately. yet I see my sites maintain or increase their positions with honest SEO.
    I am afraid I will not support giving bad advice that could destroy someones site. Building links on bookmarking, web 2.0, forum post, blog commenting etc are very much outdated SEO practises and thankfully those who abuse that part of SEO get hit hard now by google.

Link building should come with a health warning.
    IMHO
  15. Dinosaur

Originally Posted by KernelPanic
    You just have to know how to do it.
    Instead of just hinting it's the magic secret sauce why not explain to the OP how to do link building without getting caught seeing as you know how to do it
    IMHO
  17. Digital Marketing

Instead of just hinting it's the magic secret sauce why not explain to the OP how to do link building without getting caught seeing as you know how to do it
    You really think getting a link from the BBB, your industry association, the chamber of commerce and the local newspaper is SEO secret sauce? You honestly don't know any place at all to get legitimate links? Not a single one?

wow

That's just dead wrong. Dangerous advice. You're going to cost someone their job dude.
    Last edited by KernelPanic; May 11th, 2019 at 04:39 AM.
  19. Dinosaur

That's just dead wrong. Dangerous advice. You're going to cost someone their job dude.
    So giving out advice to not chase follow links is dangerous advise, WOW. Quite how preventing someones website from receiving a penalty is bad advice is beyond me.
    Building backlinks in the manor the OP asked can cost many people jobs and business closures and I would love you to explain how using bookmarking sites is a modern day legitimate SEO tactic.

Just for the record I often recommend joining recognised industry associations, chamber of commerce etc (for traffic) most if not all are nofollow links but if your after traffic then that is not an issue and is safe.
    IMHO
  21. Digital Marketing

You asked me to teach you where to get links, I did, but now you're still talking about penalties. Sorry, a link from the local chamber is a follow link and will not get you penalized.
    Personally I have not created a inbound follow link in over 3 years deliberately.
    Wow. Unbelievable. Do you know there are places to get great links that will not put you at risk?

That's terrible advice to give on an SEO forum.

Is there a real SEO person on the planet that thinks you should never, ever get a follow link from anywhere? I doubt it very much. Like I said, your advice is dangerous.
  23. Moderator
    SEO Chat Skiller (1500 - 1999 posts)

KP, I clearly remember you saying you hadn't built a link in years ~6 months ago. Has your perspective changed since then, or? I have had a little look for this quote but it'll be like finding a needle in a haystack - but I'm 99% sure it was said.

Personally, I don't think it's dangerous to deter people from building links. Wording it correctly, how KOS/Chedders have, seems the right way to me e.g, "build links for traffic".

The best paid SEOs tend to be in eCommerce, focusing on technical aspects, not link building. So I'm pretty sure it's safe to say nobodies job is in danger through focusing on other aspects of SEO, because if you do this, natural links will more than likely come anyway.

That being said, I think most SEOs with experience do build extra safe links, but it's not something I'd like to shout off the roof tops, reason being (as we see on the forum every day) people take the wrong impression and start dropping links left, right and centre.
    Last edited by matt1966; May 11th, 2019 at 08:22 AM.
  25. Digital Marketing

I don't do much SEO. Do you want me to build links for my Adwords clients?

Do you really think that in an SEO forum, this statement : "Any links you build should only be for traffic and also contain the attribute rel="nofollow". ~Cheddars, should go unchallenged?

Are you ****ing kidding me?
  27. Dinosaur

Thank you for confirming you are out of date with this.
    IMHO
  29. Digital Marketing

Oh that's funny! I didn't build links in the past because I was running a team of 6 that did that for me. Directors don't build links unless you live on a tiny island. Now running my own company I concentrate on paid search (where the money is)

The worst advice ever given on this forum. Congratulations Dino. Coupled with this one, you're golden!

The simple answer is don't build backlinks.
    Well, in your golden years lol
    Last edited by KernelPanic; May 11th, 2019 at 01:56 PM.
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page: