Thread: Best Practice.

1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Best Practice.

I work in marketing but my hands on knowledge at previous companies for SEO is the basics and no more.

But i am currently working for a new client on a freelance basis and they asked me to look at their SEO, as i noticed that they were ranking highly in certain areas but not others,

Basically the company sells two main products areas which have some cross over but mainly different clientele , hi-fi and home cinema.

They rank highly for hi-fi i.e. hi-fi London , hi-fi near me

but on the same searches for home cinema - they are nowhere to be seen (Page 8 or 9).

Are there any basic solutions to this? Obvious things to look at? Many of the title tags on each page i have noticed have the word hi-fi in them, could this impact against home cinema...

Hope this is enough information for any basic pointers and would really appreciate any help to push me in the right direction or at least allow me to ask the web developer the right questions .

Many Thanks
  3. Moderator
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

I wouldn't touch anything SEO related until you're comfortable enough to go forward with practical stuff. What if you destroy their current rankings? It's not only a black mark on your name, it could make the business go under.

Maybe start here: https://moz.com/beginners-guide-to-seo, and also read the link in my footer to Google's search quality guidelines.

When you're ready to ask specific questions, then start to ask. Because the question you've asked screams out "I need to hire someone" at the moment because it's so broad.

No disrespect, but you shouldn't be taking on paid work for SEO at this point.