1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Is backlinks are consider as a main factor for ranking?

I'm working on a website, I have created 10 dofollow backinks and my website SERP position for that
    particular keyword is "10". I have checked my competitors backlinks. I wonder, they haven't created
    even 1 backlink. They are still maintaining the top position. How!
  3. Dinosaur
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

backlinks are a double edge sword. Yes they can help you rank but they can also destroy your site.
    Content is key here and intent of the search. Google are pretty good at matching the 2 and then ranking the site of what it thinks are the best results. A site with a lot of spammy links will appear lower than someone who is clean or have really good reputation.
    IMHO
  5. No Profile Picture

Nice answer

Originally Posted by Chedders
    backlinks are a double edge sword. Yes they can help you rank but they can also destroy your site.
    Content is key here and intent of the search. Google are pretty good at matching the 2 and then ranking the site of what it thinks are the best results. A site with a lot of spammy links will appear lower than someone who is clean or have really good reputation.
    Hey really nice answer can you guide me some auto sources of creating some good quality spun
    content free? also I heard the term manually spun high quality article in some seo service communities
    what its actually is?
  7. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Scholar (3000 - 3499 posts)

Originally Posted by umair.ceo
    can you guide me some auto sources of creating some good quality spun
    content free?
    Auto-spun content is not something you should invest time into. There really isn't such a thing as "Quality Spun Content".

Originally Posted by umair.ceo
    I heard the term manually spun high quality article in some seo service communities
    what its actually is?
    It is content written by someone that knows the topic or how to research the topic and then create original content. Far superior to auto-spun content.

Comments on this post

• Chedders agrees
    If you have never failed in your life, you have never achieved anything Noteworthy !
  9. No Profile Picture

Backlinks play an important role in Search Engine Optimization. More no. of backlinks will help you to boost your ranking in Google SERP. But it is time consuming process. When you do link building for your website, it will take time to index all your links. Once they got indexed on Google database, after that your ranking will start increasing. While doing link building it is very important to check whether that particular website(on which you are going to submit your link) has good DA & PA & it will give you do follow or no follow link.

Comments on this post

• Chedders : Google dont use Moz DA/PA scoring system
  11. Dinosaur

There is always exceptions to every rule but generally spun content (with backlinks) is deemed spam. Its these type of links that will fall into the category of could do your site harm.
    Google waged war on such sites that host spun articles/ copied content a while ago. Hopefully if this is a practise you have been doing google have ignored them, worst case your site plumet in rankings.

Spun content brings nothing new to the internet, it just bloats it out.
    The only exception to this is if you take a article and treat it as a idea to produce something far better, you add to it your expertise and produce something of far higher quality and detail than the original.

As KOS said, typically this is a waste of effort and time.
    IMHO
  13. No Profile Picture

Consider each backlink as a vote. The more backlinks you get the higher chance of ranking, but these votes are weighted. Votes from an authoritative site is much more valuable than from non-authoritative sites.

As cheddar pointed out, backlinks fall under grey area because paid backlinking if caught by google, you can be de-indexed.
  15. Dinosaur

Consider each backlink as a vote. The more backlinks you get the higher chance of ranking,
    Sorry its not a quantity game, its a quality game.
    IMHO
  17. Digital Marketing

This is why you folks are getting your asses handed to you on the results pages. Outside of Cheddars and KOS all of ya'll are driving the Titanic straight into the iceberg.

Comments on this post

• Ranger agrees : LOL
  19. Digital Marketing

Originally Posted by ankitaroyy90
    Backlinks play an important role in Search Engine Optimization. More no. of backlinks will help you to boost your ranking in Google SERP. But it is time consuming process. When you do link building for your website, it will take time to index all your links. Once they got indexed on Google database, after that your ranking will start increasing. While doing link building it is very important to check whether that particular website(on which you are going to submit your link) has good DA & PA & it will give you do follow or no follow link.
    You hold zero, zip, nada competitive positions on Google. Stop trying to sound like an authority.
  21. Digital Marketing

Originally Posted by canthisflynn
    As cheddar pointed out, backlinks fall under grey area because paid backlinking if caught by google, you can be de-indexed.
    He did not say that links fall under a gray area. You did.
  23. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Scholar (3000 - 3499 posts)

Here is a very recent article, posted today 9 hrs ago by SEJ at the time of this post.

https://www.searchenginejournal.com/...wsletter#close

One thing it exposes is how "Forums" are used to detect link networks. Just one reason SeoChat has the 'No Follow Link Policy", but this is just my personal opinion on the matter.

Here is the Microsoft article, notice it is "Dated Feb 2011", Spam link detection has progress way further than what most imagine.
    The image is linked to the Microsoft Publication. A boring but informative read.

Last edited by KnowOneSpecial; May 17th, 2019 at 01:34 PM. Reason: Clarity
    If you have never failed in your life, you have never achieved anything Noteworthy !
  25. Moderator
    SEO Chat Skiller (1500 - 1999 posts)

I tried my hand at spinning content a year or two ago.
    I went with "the industry leader", blackhatworld raved about them.

Let me put it this way. You can tell it's spun within 10 seconds of reading - if I can, Google can. They may not flag is as spun, but they will flag it as low quality.

Chedders said
    There is always exceptions to every rule but generally spun content (with backlinks) is deemed spam
    To me, it's even more blunt. It isn't generally in my book, spun content is the very definition of spam (in my opinion).

Fun fact though:
    Google was working on an AI to find breaking stories and write about them super quickly. Not spinning... but seems artificial content may be good enough for them to use.
    Last edited by matt1966; May 17th, 2019 at 01:54 PM.
  27. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by Chedders
    Sorry its not a quantity game, its a quality game.
    I did say that in the next paragraph.