Hello everyone, I am Olly and I am kind of new to SEO, I say kind of because although I have done probably months of Research on the topic
and I'm still not clued up. I own a website that buys and recycles laptops from the general public and I am looking to improve on my SEO.
My website is www dot kwam-it dot com if anyone cares enough to have a a look.
Here are the steps that I have taken up so far to improve my SEO and ranking.
- I made a sitemap which I submitted to google.
- I created a sub-directory blog which to be fair isnt updated as regularly as I want, but I have a few posts there
which contain some interesting topics with some keyword links back to my main website.
- I change the url to my quotation page (i.e the page people really use on my website to find out how much we pay them) to ".com/sell-my-laptop" "Sell my laptop"| is a very much sought after keyword of mine and if
I can rank high for this. It could propel my business. I have quite a number of competitors and finding out out
to outdo them has been futile. Google is simply not listening to me.
- I have built some links, directories and some PBN links.
- I made a guest-post with a keyword link to my site on a friends blog.
- I made a few pages with the sub-directory targeting some long tail keywords and then this page then link back to my main page for getting a quote. fopr example a keyword "sell alienware", I made a subdirectory /sell-alienware with some content which then links back to my /sell-my-laptop page. Unbelievably I am ranking on page 2. All the pages above me have zero relevance to the topic, or is it just simply a matter of time before I move up the pile? How do I improve my standing, what strategies can I implement.
Any help or tips will be appreciated.