1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Absolutely baffled! Google claiming my page has no relevance

Hi guys,

So whilst my website is starting to rank organically, I decided to make the most of the adwords deal of spend 25, get 75 free.

I went into my adwords today, and they refuse to show ads for my main keyword - they say it's because my landing page isn't relevant enough?...

I have put this landing page through every tool in existence, up until a week ago keyword stuffing came up on a couple of times, I mentioned my keyword that frequently. I fixed this, but my keyword is still dominant on the landing page. It's in the title, meta description, the h1, 2, 3 and 4.

Now, if google thinks this about the page - I'm a bit worried from an SEO standpoint, if google don't think my landing page is relevant to my keyword... what do I do?...

I have wondered, it's been a month in the SERPS and it keeps dropping in and out. One day it's not even in the top 300 in the serps, the next day it'll be 70th, and repeat, repeat, repeat. Also, I know it's only been a month... but it's not a massively competitive term, I'm doing much better with terms which are more competitive yet not even my main keyword. I'm just absolutely baffled.

keyword: driving test cancellations
    URL: speedy (nospace) tests . co . uk / driving () - test - () cancellations
    Last edited by matt1966; Mar 12th, 2017 at 12:27 PM.
  3. SeoRaptor
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

Hi, Had not a lot of time to really look at it, but you site as very few pages, and also very few content the only page capable of ranking is the home page.

First of all remove the /# link in the menu for the blog item, If it's not usable do not show it.
    Regarding the keyword you mentioned : "driving test cancellations" appears only once and it's not in your content but in your footer links.
    On the other hand "earlier driving test" appears 11 times in your content. You should take a look at your content.

I'll try to give it a deeper look tomorrow.
    Owner of Bennetonable - "My opinions are my own - Feel free to disagree & think above the fold."
    Need a quick analysis > Free SEO grader Beta
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Hi Pierre,

Thanks for taking a look.

I will remove the blog issue you're talking about - but, I think you're looking at the wrong page. In the nav bar, click 'cancellation checker' this is the page which is targeting the term in question.
  7. Digital Marketing
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

They are telling you that the page is not relevant to your ads, not that your page is not relevant to your keywords. Work on making the ad relevant to the page.
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by KernelPanic
    They are telling you that the page is not relevant to your ads, not that your page is not relevant to your keywords. Work on making the ad relevant to the page.
    Hi Kernel,

The ad for the keyword phrase 'driving test cancellations' is flagging there's no relevance.
    My landing page is optimised for 'driving test cancellations' (this is also the word I'm trying to rank in terms of SEO).