1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Exclamation About Url structures & architecture

Hello again

Short question once more ...

so , i have a website and my current architecture for the pages are for example :

in menu navigation links are pointing like that example: mydomain.com/citynamelondon-services/, mydomain.com/citynameparis-services/ etc etc

but my issue is that from the pages assigned in the menu navigation where i list my services example mydomain/citynameparis-services/ the links to each service individually goes like that example: from the page mydomain.com/citynameparis-services/ I have a number of pages listed there and the urls that are going from that page are like that :mydomain/citynameparis-service/example1/ mydomain/citynameparis-service/example2 mydomain/citynameparis-service/example3
    As you can see, the problem is that instead of going the same way from /citynameparis-services/cleaning1 etc, the are going /citynameparis-SERVICE/cleaning1 . I spoke with my developer and he told me that is a problem that our custom CMS made in smarty is having this issue and would be very difficult to fix this problem ( basically i wanted to make have the same slug in url SERVICES, not service.

Will I still benefit from the page architecture or google will even penalyze me ?
    Sorry for beeing so unclear with my issue, hope that somebody understands my point and give me a clear anwser. Thank you once again
    Last edited by bobo.dragomir; Sep 6th, 2017 at 11:35 AM.
  3. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

I was having a little trouble following your examples, so I restate it below just to make sure I have the right under standing of your question

The current path
    mydomain.com/citynameparis-services/ > /citynameparis-SERVICE/cleaning

The path you'd like to have and which you're asking if changing is worth the developer time
    mydomain/citynameparis-service/example1/ > /citynameparis-services/cleaning1

Based on the above, the fact that your child pages are in a different directory name, that is fine...it will not be a huge deal for ranking, from my point of view. The thing to keep though

+ make sure that BOTH "/citynameparis-SERVICE/cleaning" and "/citynameparis-services/cleaning1
    " do not exist in the index, that would be duplicate content

+ Make sure that you're internally linking to the "/citynameparis-SERVICE/cleaning"" in a consistent way and that it is clear to google that based on the internal linking of your site, that these pages are the next level in your information architecture..

...hope this helps..
    "...using this: sages act out of constructs but they do not rely on them"