Thread: Local seo

1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Local seo

Hello guys,
    My client need business basically US, UK and AU. I am getting some visitor from us but most of are coming from direct traffic. So how can I increase my SE traffic from US, UK and AU.
  3. No Profile Picture
    The Dog Guy
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Originally Posted by logiseek
    Hello guys,
    My client need business basically US, UK and AU. I am getting some visitor from us but most of are coming from direct traffic. So how can I increase my SE traffic from US, UK and AU.
    do you have a dot com site or a dot com dot au?

I use dot com dot au because I am an aussie business and it does tend to rank me higher than dot com sites in my niche.

they say that where the site has its servers can count too, but not as much.

You may need to look at all the local tricks, as social media is good, as is google places accounts in each country, as is perhaps those country terms on specific pages on your site. Though trying to get one site to the top of the rankings in three countries might be stretching it.

Good luck
  5. Dancin with the devil
    SEO Chat Hero (2000 - 2499 posts)

Originally Posted by logiseek
    Hello guys,
    Direct traffic isn't all that bad. People know your name, brand which is always a step in the right direction.

To learn more about how to increase your traffic, start reading the stickies in all of the main forum topics. Ask more specific questions as general questions such as yours will not typically return a quality response. Help yourself first before asking for help.

Geo-targeting would be my suggestion. Start writing pages that target the types of visitors you want. If you offer the same services to all three countries, you need to cater your content to each country. Grammar is different between the US and UK (i.e. optimization > US; optimisation > UK) Get more local on your pages to start attracting the local visitors.
    "Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime." Chinese Proverb
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

you can use the Geotargeting tool from google to tell google that your page is relevant for that area:

https://support.google.com/webmaster...n&answer=62399

more information for targeting your side for certain countries you also find here:

https://support.google.com/webmaster...87&ctx=topic#2