Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page:
  1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Could anyone tell me how to perform SEO for Local please.

Hello,

I am trying to learn how to perform SEO for local. I have actually performed SEO for many many websites and have had great organic outcomes, however I have never not once done local SEO.

Could anyone refer me to some great articles on how to perform local SEO?

Thanks for your time.

Matt

Comments on this post

• EGOL agrees : Try searching Google... study and experiment... then come here to ask specific questions. That's how you will get to be an expert quickly.
  3. Contributing User

Ok some articles you might want to look at

http://www.naturalsearchblog.com/archives/2007/01/11/extreme-local-search-optimization-tactics/

When I hear local I think of Google places first..

http://searchengineland.com/local-seo-primer-how-to-rank-google-place-search-54847

Local and seasonal
    http://searchengineland.com/4-tips-for-success-with-seasonal-local-seo-88601

Comments on this post

• Savage : Please? Get your street renamed? Move your business downtown? Be realistic!!
    Last edited by ameerulislam; Sep 11th, 2011 at 07:38 AM.
  5. Contributing User

Just found another article that is related to local SEO. It's about Reviews. I could edited my previous post and added that link , but you won't get notified for that. So thought creating another post would probably be better.

http://searchengineland.com/5-tips-to-get-more-online-customer-reviews-92311
  7. Got Mule?
    SEO Chat Skiller (1500 - 1999 posts)

Angeles City, Philippines & Sometimes So. California
    Originally Posted by ameerulislam
    Just found another article that is related to local SEO.
    All good articles but in most cases you will find if you get links from third party sites using the phrase you want to rank for and that phrase appears in your home page HTML page title more often than not your will outrank A, B, C in the local rankings. I have done that with no less than 10 sites. No reviews, nothing...just links.

Comments on this post

• EGOL agrees : thanks!
    "It is better to confess ignorance than provide it" - Homer Hickman

SEO Consulting Services by Internet Search Marketing.com
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Agree with Europa. Get backlinks from the same anchor text and use local places name at important places in your site. Grab links from local directories and yellow pages. Advertise your business on local classified sites. Use a PR distribution service choosing a plan targeting your area.
  11. No Profile Picture
    Permanently Banned

For local SEO, you can make use of local niche sites for link submissions. Also, try to take back links from local site with almost same theme as yours. Make use of Google and Yahoo's local listing.

Comments on this post

• europa agrees : I have found you can rank well even it the sites aren't local!
  13. No Profile Picture
    AWG

It is very important that you use individual pages with local terms to support the home page and include the local city or town in your title. Most clients want it both ways such as "Hardware Store Smithtown" and "Hardware Store". They don't like their site to be dominated by the town for the ranking they wish to achieve from a copy and title standpoint. Often support pages can do the trick.
  15. Contributing User

Originally Posted by europa
    All good articles but in most cases you will find if you get links from third party sites using the phrase you want to rank for and that phrase appears in your home page HTML page title more often than not your will outrank A, B, C in the local rankings. I have done that with no less than 10 sites. No reviews, nothing...just links.
    Sorry Europa, I couldn't get you clear enough. Can you rephrase what you have just said? Thank!
  17. No Profile Picture
    Permanently Banned

One thing you must have to do is submit your website to local classified sites. But that is not enough you have to do SEO as other website do to getting Google Ranking.
  19. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by learn2seo
    Hello,

I am trying to learn how to perform SEO for local. I have actually performed SEO for many many websites and have had great organic outcomes, however I have never not once done local SEO.

Could anyone refer me to some great articles on how to perform local SEO?

Thanks for your time.

Matt
    Local SEO is too broad a topic. I'm a bit skeptical about the " I have actually performed SEO for many many websites and have had great organic outcomes" part, because in order to do that you usually optimize for local searches, such as adding the state the business you're doing SEO for is in to your keywords.

Comments on this post

• PhilipSEO : bs
  21. Got Mule?
    SEO Chat Skiller (1500 - 1999 posts)

Angeles City, Philippines & Sometimes So. California
    Originally Posted by ameerulislam
    Sorry Europa, I couldn't get you clear enough. Can you rephrase what you have just said? Thank!
    Despite many things people say about reviews, etc., all you need is links from third party sites using the search term you desire to rank for and you will eventually outrank even the A listing. The links don't even have to come from your local geography. Links, links and links get you to top of local just the same as it gets you to top of organic. Unilke a lot of articles out there where people state theory, I've done this with at least ten different sites and it works better than any other method. So much so that I don't bother with all of the other methods.
  23. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Learn from official google SEO guide http://static.googleusercontent.com/...rter-guide.pdf

Comments on this post

• europa : Propaganda!
  25. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

"PhilipSEO disagrees: bs "

Excuse me? You should at least say why you think it's "bs". That way, you might even help people around here.
  27. Dancin with the devil
    SEO Chat Hero (2000 - 2499 posts)

Despite many things people say about reviews, etc., all you need is links from third party sites using the search term you desire to rank for and you will eventually outrank even the A listing. The links don't even have to come from your local geography. Links, links and links get you to top of local just the same as it gets you to top of organic. Unilke a lot of articles out there where people state theory, I've done this with at least ten different sites and it works better than any other method. So much so that I don't bother with all of the other methods.
    Europa, are you stating that links with the company name will bring you to the top or links with a title that matches your local listings title or links with your sites targeted keyterms, with no local reference? Just want to make sure I'm understanding this.

Also, what do you define 3rd party links as? From which types of sites?
    "Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime." Chinese Proverb
  29. Super Moderator
    SEO Chat Genius (4000 - 4499 posts)

Although I agree with you it doesn't make local optimization a moot point. Joe Schmoe on average may max out with link acquisition skills and will therefore need to assistance of other techniques to help local results.

The greatest element is links, no doubt.

After that, frequency of your address and phone number found on other sites (another kind of 'link') is a major factor.
    Distinct SEO | Calgary SEO & Web Marketing Consultants ~~ Our Blog ~~ Follow @distinctseo
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page: