1. No Profile Picture
    MTI
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

What is this GEO Module?

Hi all, new to the forums. I currently have a website (see profile) and im looking to have some pro work done on it shortly. The site was built by myself through self teaching only and im not in the industry. I have recently recieved this 'offer' and wondered what you allmake of it please? Is this a commercial app or not and if so please can anyone suggest its name or similar please so that i can do my research and report back.

Thought id come to the correct place first.

Thanks for looking all! Here is the message:

This module is a marketing/SEO product that can target geographic search terms on Google and other search engines using the natural listings only, Without going down the expensive road of Adwords, Sponsored Links and Pay Per Click.

Search engines basically roam the “World Wide Web” looking for new information and then through a complex indexing system, they offer users the ability to find an answer to almost anything they want with the simple click of a button. The trick that almost every company wants to succeed with is the ability for their own website to appear on page 1 for the search terms that relate to their business.

This new application has been developed to help Google read and index your sites content correctly helping you to rank for Geographical search terms such as “Carpet Cleaner in Shrewsbury” or “Gas Engineer in Reading” Although the system is independent to your website our teams will style the public site to represent the look and feel of your main site helping to ensure customers feel reassured with continuity of design.

If you look carefully at how people would search for your services it is highly likely that they will type into Google a service followed by a location, e.g.- "Driving Lessons Lovaton" this system allows you to create pages that fulfil that search need. (click the link and it will return Martins Driving School on page 1)

You may have used "Google Adwords" in a similar way, targeting regional keywords and have had some success, as you know Google ad words is an ongoing cost , this module is a one off payment - no additional costs what so ever.

There is a testimonial after your first 2 months, This will allow you to create an UNLIMITED amount of regional pages.

If you follow a few simple steps that we give you on how to use the application and you do not get page 1 results on Google in your first 2 months I will issue you will a full refund and allow you to continue using the application.

All you have to do is give the page a Heading- always put the service and location- e.g. "Gritting In Epsom". Add an image via simple upload, then place in the text. Upon saving the page is created and is live! (click the link and it will return SGM Gritters on page 1)

There are no limits to the number of pages you can launch. You can edit your pages at any point by login in with the username and password we will supply
  3. No Profile Picture
    SBR
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Originally Posted by MTI
    Hi all, new to the forums. I currently have a website (see profile) and im looking to have some pro work done on it shortly. The site was built by myself through self teaching only and im not in the industry. I have recently recieved this 'offer' and wondered what you allmake of it please? Is this a commercial app or not and if so please can anyone suggest its name or similar please so that i can do my research and report back.

Thought id come to the correct place first.

Thanks for looking all! Here is the message:

This module is a marketing/SEO product that can target geographic search terms on Google and other search engines using the natural listings only, Without going down the expensive road of Adwords, Sponsored Links and Pay Per Click.

Search engines basically roam the “World Wide Web” looking for new information and then through a complex indexing system, they offer users the ability to find an answer to almost anything they want with the simple click of a button. The trick that almost every company wants to succeed with is the ability for their own website to appear on page 1 for the search terms that relate to their business.

This new application has been developed to help Google read and index your sites content correctly helping you to rank for Geographical search terms such as “Carpet Cleaner in Shrewsbury” or “Gas Engineer in Reading” Although the system is independent to your website our teams will style the public site to represent the look and feel of your main site helping to ensure customers feel reassured with continuity of design.

If you look carefully at how people would search for your services it is highly likely that they will type into Google a service followed by a location, e.g.- "Driving Lessons Lovaton" this system allows you to create pages that fulfil that search need. (click the link and it will return Martins Driving School on page 1)

You may have used "Google Adwords" in a similar way, targeting regional keywords and have had some success, as you know Google ad words is an ongoing cost , this module is a one off payment - no additional costs what so ever.

There is a testimonial after your first 2 months, This will allow you to create an UNLIMITED amount of regional pages.

If you follow a few simple steps that we give you on how to use the application and you do not get page 1 results on Google in your first 2 months I will issue you will a full refund and allow you to continue using the application.

All you have to do is give the page a Heading- always put the service and location- e.g. "Gritting In Epsom". Add an image via simple upload, then place in the text. Upon saving the page is created and is live! (click the link and it will return SGM Gritters on page 1)

There are no limits to the number of pages you can launch. You can edit your pages at any point by login in with the username and password we will supply

Sounds like a lot of hocus pocus to me, see my Google Maps seo sticky.

http://forums.seochat.com/local-search-techniques-82/google-maps-optimization-and-local-seo-319783.html

Come back here when you have questions and I and others will do our best to answer them for you.

Regards,
    SBR
  5. No Profile Picture
    MTI

Good post and thanks for the response!

I have re-read the email that was sent to me and posted above and the first time i brisked through, i missed the fact they are 'cleverly' offering me another website that sits as a landing page and very spammy/keyword stuffed for me to stuff even more with alt image text etc.

With regards to your question on city+keyword and vice-versa, i suppose only time will tell and relies upon your competetors.
    Im currently ranking well for both in my case i believe but the highest (cpanel data) always seems keyword/s followed by town. In my case though, this is due to searchers keying in a few keyword strings before a town finally.

I know we cannot have all our keywords all the time without a lot of pages, time and effort and so we have to go with the 'most popular'. take my search terms for instance - lets say you wanted a plasma fixing to the wall in your town...how many different search strings are there?????? TONS!

My most popular - do a search for 'tv installation Leeds' on google

I built this site myself and was page one, possition one within two weeks! often, different terms get me 4 listings on page one!!!! 40% chance of enquiry.

P.S. Im a novice so please feel free to pull my site to bits!

This site is my bread and butter income and has been my full income provider since xmas.

All feedback welcome and sorry if off topic

tvinstallationleeds dot co dot uk

Come back here when you have questions and I and others will do our best to answer them for you.

Regards,
    SBR[/QUOTE]
  7. Dancin with the devil
    SEO Chat Hero (2000 - 2499 posts)

I would definitely stay away from it. One thing that you said in your second post that mentioned a "separate site that sits as a landing page" would turn me off right there. While I have seen this doorway page or mirror page work many moons ago, the search engines have smartened up enough to catch onto it.

Create geographically friendly pages and target terms with services and the cities of your interest. Far safer and better long term value.
    "Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime." Chinese Proverb
  9. No Profile Picture

Response from Developer

HI All
    I am not going to hide my identity as it is vital that transparency is upheld. I work for the developer of this Geographical module and wanted to respond to the comments on this forum post.

This module was developed to help webmaster’s win more exposure online, when their current websites simply fail to capture any nature traffic.

This module that you are all attacking has not been developed with any black hat techniques it simply delivers a CMS system to webmaster that possibly do not have one in their current website, allowing them to create unique pages of content in order to focus potential customers on Geographical services.

The internet is made up of millions of websites that have been created by bad developers with terrible code and no thought as to the customer’s future, this module allows the webmaster to buy a new and very cheap module that runs alongside their own website in order to gain a better exposure through well constructed pages and geographical content.

This solution is fantastic and was developed for webmasters that...

1) Do not have a CMS and cannot afford to buy One
    2) Have been hoodwinked by a developer that has managed to sell a website that suffers from...

• Terrible URL handling
    • Poor Code
    • No Meta Access
    • No Server Access
    • And many other valid reasons.

Time and time again we had small website owners knocking our door asking for help, however as a large development company we could not take on their current site due to the cost impact working with us, so we developed this module that delivers a clean coded, CMS based web pages that sits alongside their own website in order to win more exposure online.

We do not control the content that appears on the pages, similar to any other developer and client relationship. We do monitor for plagiarism and email client’s regularly who are reproducing the same words page after page however 90% of the clients that are using this, use it in a sensible fashion not breaking any rules and win work from having a good clean system in place.

This module is answering the need of many website owners and is in no way developed to encourage spam and the owners are given guidance, support and help in creating relevant links and good page content.

Added to the above, if the module fails to win any exposure we will refund the money spent and also allow them to keep the module for life.

Thank you for letting me give our side of the story to your readers

Steve
  11. No Profile Picture

P.s sorry about typos above
  13. No Profile Picture

now I know what's GEO module is for
  15. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

Thanks for answering Re-Route! It sounds a little like a "band-aid" kind of solution to me, but I can see how it might help the niche you're aiming for.
  17. No Profile Picture
    Permanently Banned

This thing is not in my knowledge before, but now i know what exactly the GEO module is .
  19. No Profile Picture

Geo Category Overview Module

Geo Category Overview Module.
    This Joomla! module shows a Google Map with markers of the Sobi2 entries of a category.
    The geo module is the next generation geospatial module for Drupal. Like Location, it provides storage for points, but it also supports lines and polygons.
  21. No Profile Picture

What is a GEO Module?

Geo module is a next generation module for Druple. It provides storage for points, but it also supports lines and polygons. It is useful because it provides storage for points, but it also supports lines and polygons.

banzaipipeline.com
  23. No Profile Picture

Thumbs down

The Geo Module is the next generation geospatial module for Drupal. Like Location, it provides storage for points, but it also supports lines and polygons.

There are 2 types of modules:-
    1. Geocode
    2. Openlayers