1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Web 2.0/PBN + Citation question

Hi,

Do Web 2.0/Private blog networks benefit local rankings? I guess I would have to take a different approach with linking - including the location in the anchor text & using the businesses nap?

Is there any quick way of creating citations on directories and such? I am pretty fed up of sitting around for hours, creating citations on Yelp, Yell, etc. Some of which I can't submit to because I can't verify the business, due to a phone call or email. Even when I create a lot of citations, ranking don't change.

All help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
  3. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Using links from a PBN shouldn't be all that different for local SEO than anything else. As long as you have good PR sites, you'll get plenty of link juice from just about any PR link you can build. If it's within your niche, all the better. And I'd assume that if your PR site is targeted for your locale, maybe it'd boost things further but it seems pretty unlikely to me that you'd get a good domain that's also optimized for a location.

I believe citations from sites like Yelp etc don't pass any link juice to your site, if I recall they just improve your social authority. So yeah you should use PBN links for local SEO sites.

Directories don't really do much anymore. Next best thing would be blog comments where you can leave a link to your site. Try our dropmylink.com (I think that's the site). They'll look for sites where you can comment with your link, and you can look specifically for sites within your niche.