1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Multiple locations

Hello!

I am somewhat of a novice at SEO, I'm learning a lot while building and maintaining my company's website. Anyway, we are located in Florida, but we can provide our service to ALL states and regions of the US. Is there a way to get my site to come up on google for other places, even though we don't have a physical office there? I would rather stay away from paid advertising if possible. Thank you so much for any assistance!

dtyson4
  3. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

This is from the Google Local Business Center Help file:

"If you want to add more than 10 business locations at a time, you can submit your information as a bulk upload through the Local Business Center. Since you can add a maximum of 100 single listings with your Local Business Center account, a bulk upload is your best bet if you reach this limit. For information on creating a bulk upload, please select Upload a Data File in your Local Business Center account and then follow our instructions."

However... I think if you're truly national -- as opposed to having multiple offices -- you're defeating the purpose of a local listing.
  5. Angel down from Heaven
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

Originally Posted by dtyson4
    Hello!

I am somewhat of a novice at SEO, I'm learning a lot while building and maintaining my company's website. Anyway, we are located in Florida, but we can provide our service to ALL states and regions of the US. Is there a way to get my site to come up on google for other places, even though we don't have a physical office there? I would rather stay away from paid advertising if possible. Thank you so much for any assistance!

dtyson4
    I think you are talking about maps.google.com you can only be listed there if you have physical office because google will send confirmation code on the address that you provided.
  7. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Physical Locations

Isn't it true that Google will give you a local business listing if you have a PO Box in that zip code?

Conversely, if you don't have even a PO Box, and no other mailbox, you won't get a local listing from G. in that zip code?

Thanks,
    TaxDoc
  9. rod@missionop.com
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Originally Posted by TaxDoc
    Isn't it true that Google will give you a local business listing if you have a PO Box in that zip code?

Conversely, if you don't have even a PO Box, and no other mailbox, you won't get a local listing from G. in that zip code?

Thanks,
    TaxDoc
    While it's true you can be listed with a PO Box 'anywhere' and even use fake addresses... you won't rank well with either for any place that is moderately competitive... you need citations to match you listing and most places weed out spam.