1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Local search only

Hi,

Can anyone help me. I work for a choir in Edinburgh and I am a little confused about local seo terms. For example, what is correct?:

Edinburgh Choir
    Choirs in Edinburgh
    Edinburgh Choirs

'OR'

Edinburgh
    Choirs

I also notice that if you type in 'Edinburgh Choir' rather than 'Choir Edinburgh' you get a different set of results? AND...google.com and google.co.uk alos come out with different answers?

How can I tell a good 'Local SEO' expert? Is the person highest in google for the search 'Edinburgh SEO' deemed to be the best because he has SEO'd his way to the top above all the others?

Hope you can help me.

3. Dancin with the devil
    SEO Chat Hero (2000 - 2499 posts)

I think it comes down to testing and looking at your data to see which way is working better for you. You'll find that keyword city will work better then city keyword and vice versa. As your friends how they search. Get an idea and test it out. Personally, I search keyword city.

Regarding finding the right expert, where they rank certainly does not mean that they are the best or most reputable. I'm sure it does indicate they know what they are doing when it comes to SEO but that doesn't mean they are a snake oil salesperson. A lot of local seo can be done by you, if you have the time.

A great place to start is by doing a Google search for Mike Blumenthal and David Mihm. They are very knowledgeable and very reputable in the local world. Figure out of you can do it on your own first then start seeking a firm/person to hire if doing it yourself is not an option. Word of mouth is typically the most trusted way to find someone reputable IMO.
    "Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime." Chinese Proverb
  5. No Profile Picture
    Banned

You'll find that keyword city will work better then city keyword and vice versa. As your friends how they search. Get an idea and test it out. Personally, I search keyword city.
  7. No Profile Picture

Hi
    Never works with assumptions. Did you made comparative research of keywords with the online tool Google Trends? See which variation generates more research and work with it. However, when the site is well optimized for main keyword, variations also generally lie well in search engine results.
  9. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by PolarFlame
    Hi,

Can anyone help me. I work for a choir in Edinburgh and I am a little confused about local seo terms. For example, what is correct?:

Edinburgh Choir
    Choirs in Edinburgh
    Edinburgh Choirs....
    See I would suggest for Edinburgh Choir and whenever you go for meat tags focus on Location + keywords as Google had added a new tool in search result "Search tool" which will be helping user to get result form his desired location.
    With this tool Local Seo gets priority. Local SEO Suits Current Google Search Tool?
  11. No Profile Picture

First option is correct to target local region of Edinburgh becuase you have added combination of keyword + location.I always use keyword and location to target local region.