Page 2 of 2 First 12
  • Jump to page:
  1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by dmayer
    David Mihm's survey is definitely a great source of information, thanks for sharing it, I didn't know about it.

Do you guys think that more business listings will lead to at least minor improvement of the page ranking? Let's say I want to add my page to as much as possible online platforms like local.yahoo.com, foursquare etc.
    Yes, maximum exposure on popular local biz listing sites will improve your search ranking factor not because of the citations but also because of the traffic you receive from those sites. If the traffic is targeted and converts on your site, it can also bring about social signals from the customers who appreciate doing business with you. There are many indirect factors from a business listing that can lead to search ranking growth.

Click this link to find free business listing sites for the countries - US, UK, India, France, Netherlands, Germany, Canada and Spain. I have given you links from woorank's blog because those were carefully chosen and are current. These links are not spammy and are ranked according to the traffic it receives. TIP: Always look for citation sources that have a good traffic of their own, otherwise there is no point in getting your business listed with them. Do not bother to pay for the listings unless it is a really important local citation site in your country.

ADDITIONAL TIP: Create a local community with the location and your brand name on Google+ and post information to your niche audience. The posts on Google+ groups get search engine exposure.

Let me give you some other third party trustworthy content sources for local search ranking tips:
    7 Critical Factors for Ranking Highly in Google Local Search | Digital Marketing Blog | WooRank Blog: Digital Marketing tips for Small Business (not third party )
    Top 20 Local Search Ranking Factors: An Illustrated Guide - Moz
    Infographic: Local Search Ranking Factors 2013
    SEO Ranking Factors - Rank Correlation 2013 for Google USA 2013 (These are generic ranking factors. It applies to the local search ranking nevertheless)

Where is your business based by the way?
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by dmayer
    David Mihm's survey is definitely a great source of information, thanks for sharing it, I didn't know about it.

Do you guys think that more business listings will lead to at least minor improvement of the page ranking? Let's say I want to add my page to as much as possible online platforms like local.yahoo.com, foursquare etc.
    Yes, maximum exposure on popular local biz listing sites will improve your search ranking factor not because of the citations but also because of the traffic you receive from those sites. If the traffic is targeted and converts on your site, it can also bring about social signals from the customers who appreciate doing business with you. There are many indirect factors from a business listing that can lead to search ranking growth.

Click this link to find free business listing sites for the countries - US, UK, India, France, Netherlands, Germany, Canada and Spain. I have given you links from woorank's blog because those were carefully chosen and are current. These links are not spammy and are ranked according to the traffic it receives. TIP: Always look for citation sources that have a good traffic of their own, otherwise there is no point in getting your business listed with them. Do not bother to pay for the listings unless it is a really important local citation site in your country.

ADDITIONAL TIP: Create a local community with the location and your brand name on Google+ and post information to your niche audience. The posts on Google+ groups get search engine exposure.

Let me give you some other third party trustworthy content sources for local search ranking tips:
    7 Critical Factors for Ranking Highly in Google Local Search | Digital Marketing Blog | WooRank Blog: Digital Marketing tips for Small Business (not third party )
    Top 20 Local Search Ranking Factors: An Illustrated Guide - Moz
    Infographic: Local Search Ranking Factors 2013
    SEO Ranking Factors - Rank Correlation 2013 for Google USA 2013 (These are generic ranking factors. It applies to the local search ranking nevertheless)

Where is your business based by the way?
  5. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Consistent, high quality and relevant local citation, positive reviews on your business and your business location in keywords, url, page title and in meta description can give best results and improve position of your business in local search result.
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Great read, I am just starting to get into local seo.
Page 2 of 2 First 12
  • Jump to page: