1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

How long for google places ad to re-appear after edit

hi All,

i made a change to the phone number on our google places listing 2 weeks ago. Our rankings stayed the same and the google local listing stayed with the old phone number.

yesterday i entered the pin number to our add and now we still havnt lost our rankings but instead our rank does not include the google places SERP result. Our local listing is now no longer assiciated with our website URL.

How long will it take until our local results will be listed in a google local result?

is this normal? the advert is active under our account and it does not have any reference of pending or under review it is marked as "Active".

I can see the advert in the SERP if i google the exact title of the local listing and all data including the URL is correct.

any feedback will be great.
  3. Super Moderator
    SEO Chat Genius (4000 - 4499 posts)

If the right information is in Places then you'll be fine. It might take a week or so.
    Distinct SEO | Calgary SEO & Web Marketing Consultants ~~ Our Blog ~~ Follow @distinctseo
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by distinctseo
    If the right information is in Places then you'll be fine. It might take a week or so.
    thanks for this. just strange this would happen after an edit? i changed the phone number then had to wait a week for the post card pin. as soon as i put the pin in 24 hrs later the local listing is no longer referecend with our locak SERP result...

thanks,

mike
  7. Contributing User

Local Listing

I have had to wait up to 2 weeks for my local listings revisions to be indexed properly. This may also be due to the fact that Places listings are affected by your listing in other high PR directories/reviews websites such as Yelp, the YellowPages, HotFrog, ect.

I would take a moment to ensure that your address has been changed on all of these other external sites as well.
    Last edited by calindaniel; Aug 10th, 2011 at 06:45 PM.
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Don't wanna disappoint you, but it could take forever...
    depending on what industry you're in, some industries are more sensitive than others; the more spam results the more sensitive.
    Good luck.
  11. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

So any minor change to Google Places can take a while to show up? I recently moved my business and am updating everything this morning. I don't want people wondering why my invoices show something different just in case they use google maps to verify where I am located. Which seems very likely to me.
  13. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by myk3
    hi All,

i made a change to the phone number on our google places listing 2 weeks ago. Our rankings stayed the same and the google local listing stayed with the old phone number.

yesterday i entered the pin number to our add and now we still havnt lost our rankings but instead our rank does not include the google places SERP result. Our local listing is now no longer assiciated with our website URL.

How long will it take until our local results will be listed in a google local result?

is this normal? the advert is active under our account and it does not have any reference of pending or under review it is marked as "Active".

I can see the advert in the SERP if i google the exact title of the local listing and all data including the URL is correct.

any feedback will be great.
    The time required to display your new information cannot be predicted. It may take one week or more than a week. It depends on the type of business you are in. The more sensitive business the more spams the more time.
  15. No Profile Picture

The exact time cannot be predicted. It may take anything around 1 week or even 1 month. It depends on the nature of your business.
  17. No Profile Picture
    The Dog Guy
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

nobody knows the inner workings of google.

I had the same phone number listed for two businesses in the one account, because I work from home and they were separate businesses, and google changed or enforced the rules you must have separate phone numbers, separate addresses etc.

they put the listing into pending, and would not resolve it even though I changed numbers etc. Seems they get into a negative feedback loop sometimes. I had to kill the account and start again with the whole new pin guff.

but yes, typically changes can take 2 to 4 weeks, though you may be surprised to see that google adwords takes your money instantly!
  19. No Profile Picture

mostly it takes 7 to 10 days.