1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Best Technique for Building Citations

I've gotten close to 50 small local businesses google places page to the first page and I'm constantly looking for better ways to improve the service we deliver to our clients.

That being said, I have not been able to create citations at the rate that I would like. I've tried directly submitting to directories, I've tried using localeze (they aggregate data to EVERYONE - however their citations don't appear for sometimes up to 12 months) and infoUSA (creates a lot of spam and marketing calls for my clients) and yet none of them can deliver predictable results better than just manual submissions which is insanely time consuming and cost ineffective.

Have any of you SEO's used any other services, software, or tactics that have proved reliable?
  3. No Profile Picture

already try whitespark.ca ? heard a lot of good reviews for them. I personally use chad kimball software and scrapebox to scrape the citation. Good luck
  5. No Profile Picture
    NGS Marketing

If you are asking about it - there is currently (and will probably never be) software which would automatically list you on many business directories. All of them are very defensive against spam and it is very difficult to auto-fill most of them. Overcoming all of their defenses at once is almost impossible. Not to mention they are changing it all the time.

That said, I create a nifty list of 50 local citation directories in the US together with explanations how to list your (client's) business on each one of them. If you use Chrome you could also set your auto-fill (or use a Mozilla plugin if you are using this browser) and with these explanations it would take you much shorter time to get listed on all the directories. The list can be found here:

http://www.optilocal.org/citation-sources-local-search/
  7. Dancin with the devil
    SEO Chat Hero (2000 - 2499 posts)

Originally Posted by Nyagoslav
    The list can be found here:

http://www.optilocal.org/citation-sources-local-search/
    Why not post the list here??
    "Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime." Chinese Proverb
  9. No Profile Picture
    NGS Marketing

Originally Posted by Lb1878
    Why not post the list here??
    A warrior in black and white stopped me
  11. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Nyagoslav is very good at this. He has been a top contributor at google places forum, helping smb's with their issues and connecting them with google personnel. He has also studied this issue hard and in great detail.

His advice is strong. There are varieties of distribution services.

If I had that volume of smb clients, I'd try and negotiate bulk rates and also let the distributors know you are shopping others. I'd want price and service. With that volume of clients you have a lot of value to the citation service providers.

I'd look for strong and quick responsiveness and proof that the citations are being delivered.

Besides the name distributors there are other sources.

Still I'd hand deliver citations to critical sources. It still works.
  13. No Profile Picture

Try GetMeListed.Net...

Try GetMeListed, you will some more resources to include. Building citation means to have a unique NAP for most local listing sites of your business, so make sure or update to have it same.