1. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Benefits of Google Business Page?

Can anyone explain the specific benefits of creating a Google Business page?

Does it help placement of your primary site in local search results?
  3. Professional SEO

Originally Posted by wygk
    Can anyone explain the specific benefits of creating a Google Business page?

Does it help placement of your primary site in local search results?
    Yes, very important in you Local results.
  5. Contributing User

Google Business Pages are definitely a great help for local search visibility. This helps your business appear as a local result in the SERPs (although it isn't the only factor) and gives you the opportunity to link the GBP (Google Business Page) to your website. It also allows you to provide specific information about your business directly to Google (phone, address, link to website, etc.).

As a personal rule of thumb, if Google provides you with a service/webspace where you can add your business, I always recommend doing it. As a general rule, if Google comes up with a way for me to add some info and point it to my URL, I try and do it (almost like throwing a dog a bone).
    "Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."
    -Albert Einstein
  7. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Quick thoughts about GMB listings:
    * Only businesses with a shopfront or ones that serve a local community are eligible for a GMB listing. That means ecommerce businesses are not eligible.
    * If you don't have a shopfront, then you're considered a Service Area Business (SAB), and need to hide your address.
    * GMB listings are for the local pack only. They don't impact organic performance, but organic performance can impact local pack.

Other benefits that come to mind:
    * Typically a quick entry into the Knowledge Graph (big box on the right hand side of the screen) when someone searches for your business by name
    * Businesses without websites can still show in the local pack, meaning they can get page 1 exposure without a huge investment
    * People looking for businesses in the local pack are very close to the buying stage. Two recent stats from State of Search conference:
    - Nearly 1/3 of all mobile searches are location based in intent (local pack serves that well)
    - 76% look it up, walk there, buy.

HTH!
  9. Contributing User

Sorry, what is GMB?

I would think that creating the business or brand listing is creating some bond with Google. Verifying your site with them, etc. Just my impression and I have never looked into this theory. Would be interested to know what others think/know about that idea.
  11. Professional SEO

GMB is Google My Business. They change the name regularly. So don't get too attached ;)
  13. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

What exactly do you mean by "creating a bond"?

If you're meaning an additional level of credibility, then theoretically yes.
    Bear in mind the peeps at G can get an overview of many things you do in their platforms.
    But it really is from a helicopter view, and more or less a "good citizen / bad citizen" perspective.

It won't help with site ranking or visibility.