1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Will too many forum posts work against my ranking?

Hey! I'm new both here and to SEO. I've run a video game site for years now but only recently has it started growing, and I've decided to take it more seriously and really learn how to grow it further.

I've had a few good hits lately, nothing super huge, but some articles getting hits in the thousands, which for me is a step up. Our biggest article got about 11,000 hits.

Anyway. One thing I've noticed is that people talk about Google dropping your rankings if a lot of your backlinks look like spam? I'm just curious as to how they determine this. One thing that often happens in the video game world is once something "hits", it starts getting posted all over various gaming forums. This obviously helps me get more hits, but I'm wondering if there is a darker side to it too, like it might end up being considered spammy? Especially since a lot of people just kind of copy and paste what they have seen elsewhere?

Is there a way to counteract this? I've heard that getting backlinks from major sites (in their actual content pages, not forums) in your industry helps your ranking a lot, so I have been working on getting my stuff posted by other gaming sites, especially the big aggregate sites, to some degree of success.

I'm still a bit worried though because I think most of my backlinks come from forum posts, and that probably isn't going to change anytime soon.
  3. Roll the dice.. and live
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

It should not matter. These links are organic and what is probably a pretty natural profile for a site like yours.

Google is not seeking to punish organic links. My advice is do not worry and just keep building a great site and writing great articles... Do this and i am sure you will also accumulate some decent quality links also...

Good luck
    Last edited by gazzahk; Nov 21st, 2012 at 05:02 AM.
    Live the moment
  5. No Profile Picture

Hi Nice to Join This forum Today

Glad to join this great forum,just want to make some new friends here. I'm from Ney York City,btw.If you have any questions ,just shot me a PM. If I'm not post in the right board,please remove this thread.cheerz
  7. No Profile Picture

great forum,really love this place.

Realy Lovet his forum,Learned a lo from here.