1. -
    SEO Chat Super Hero (2500 - 2999 posts)

Link Building Idea: Visit/Discover etc sites

Something I've known for a while and I haven't read anything about is the "visit" and "discover" sites

For example on a national level

www.visitbritain.com

www.discoveramerica.com

There are loads visit and discover sites for your local areas too.. down to counties (uk), states and bigger cities, just search google and see..

They're always high PR and have links from a lot of .gov and .edu/ac.uk, so If you have a site containing any kind of information about your local area, reaching out to these sorts of sites can get you some very nice links.

You could maybe even make some taylormade content for the very purpose of being able to approach them with it.

Comments on this post

• EGOL agrees : This is very true. Keep in mind that these sites are really really really picky about what they link to... so don't toss up pedestrian content and expect anything to happen.
    • prasunsen agrees
    I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill
  3. -
    SEO Chat Super Hero (2500 - 2999 posts)

EGOL agrees: This is very true. Keep in mind that these sites are really really really picky about what they
    link to... so don't toss up pedestrian content and expect anything to happen.
    Very true Indeed, it's content marketing rather than link building.

It's also what makes them great links because you're only in esteemed company, no riff raff :p.
    Last edited by DarrenHaye; Nov 11th, 2012 at 01:00 PM.