Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page:
  1. Permanently Banned
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Benefits of Article Submission

Hello,

I want to know benefits of article submission as well as proper submission method which will help me in terms as follow.

I have 32 unique articles on Home decor & Outdoor decor. I submitted all articles in top 100 free article directories with targeted keywords & anchor links.

But, I can not see effective result after bunch of work. Now, I think that, I spent too much time on article submission. So, How can I get proper benefits of article submission?

I want to know proper method to distribute my articles which will help me to gain one way links as well as referring traffic.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I think you relied completely on article marketing which I think is not good.. Try to give priority to all the methods and dont just focus on one method or other...
    I think article marketing works only when you have killer content in the article...Since you are submitting articles in big directories so the probability of getting link juice from them is very less, I would say 0.01%...If your article is good then may be some blogger will pick it up and publish it in his blog. That would give you a link in his homepage...But this will work only when you have outstanding content for the articles...
    Also while submitting articles try to put one link in the article towards your webste and one link towards the article which you have submitted in ezine or someother good article directory...
    In this way the article you are linking to gets the chance to appear higher in SERP for the relevant keywords...

==============================================

Dont spam the world wide web,,,,add value to it
  5. Contributing User

There is no point in submitting to 100 directories. 2-3, or 5 is enough. Ezinearticles should be on your list. The articles must be good, with catchy headline and good content. If your 32 articles are mediocre, they will not have much effect. Instead of that spend the time to create 3-4 really great articles.
    And as gurvinderpal said, don't focus entirely on article marketing. It is only one method and isn't going to work very well in competitive niches like "Home decor & Outdoor decor".
  7. Permanently Banned

Originally Posted by prasunsen
    There is no point in submitting to 100 directories. 2-3, or 5 is enough. Ezinearticles should be on your list. The articles must be good, with catchy headline and good content. If your 32 articles are mediocre, they will not have much effect. Instead of that spend the time to create 3-4 really great articles.
    And as gurvinderpal said, don't focus entirely on article marketing. It is only one method and isn't going to work very well in competitive niches like "Home decor & Outdoor decor".
    If I will go forward with only top 5 directories so, Will it help me to get proper amount of one way links?
  9. Permanently Banned

Originally Posted by gurvinderpal
    I think you relied completely on article marketing which I think is not good.. Try to give priority to all the methods and dont just focus on one method or other...
    I think article marketing works only when you have killer content in the article...Since you are submitting articles in big directories so the probability of getting link juice from them is very less, I would say 0.01%...If your article is good then may be some blogger will pick it up and publish it in his blog. That would give you a link in his homepage...But this will work only when you have outstanding content for the articles...
    Also while submitting articles try to put one link in the article towards your webste and one link towards the article which you have submitted in ezine or someother good article directory...
    In this way the article you are linking to gets the chance to appear higher in SERP for the relevant keywords...

Dont spam the world wide web,,,,add value to it
    I am totally agree with it. But How can it help me to get high rank with anchor website which is available in resource box.
  11. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by anandmistry
    I am totally agree with it. But How can it help me to get high rank with anchor website which is available in resource box.
    Like I earlier said article marketing is not complete ladder, it is one of the step of the ladder towards SERP.. Just doing article marketing will not give you rankings,,,,but if done properly it can get you a lot links with anchor text to your website....Article marketing is worth only when some bloggers put your article in his/her website...Right now I write articles for ezine and after the article is accepted,, I see some of the bloggers have put my article into his blog or website..Just getting accepted into directory is not going to give you rankings..You can choose any backlink checker tool to find out who has linked to your articles and inturn to your website...
    ================================================== ==========================================

Dont spam the world wide web.....add value to it..
  13. Permanently Banned

Like I earlier said article marketing is not complete ladder, it is one of the step of the ladder towards SERP.. Just doing article marketing will not give you rankings,,,,but if done properly it can get you a lot links with anchor text to your website....Article marketing is worth only when some bloggers put your article in his/her website...Right now I write articles for ezine and after the article is accepted,, I see some of the bloggers have put my article into his blog or website..Just getting accepted into directory is not going to give you rankings..You can choose any backlink checker tool to find out who has linked to your articles and inturn to your website...
    ================================================== ==========================================

Dont spam the world wide web.....add value to it..
    Ok... I can understand it. But, I think It will take too much time. I checked that, there are many blogger put my articles on their blog but, they did not put my links in content part. So, finally I will not get benefits on it. Can you suggest some other SEO activities to gain SERP.
  15. Contributing User

If I will go forward with only top 5 directories so, Will it help me to get proper amount of one way links?
    It will help, but how much I can only guess. Probably not too much.

Usually it's better to search for quality blogs which accept guest posts and write for them. This means 1 article will bring only 1 link, but very often this 1 link is worth a hundred low quality ones.
  17. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Ok... I can understand it. But, I think It will take too much time. I checked that, there are many blogger put my articles on their blog but, they did not put my links in content part. So, finally I will not get benefits on it. Can you suggest some other SEO activities to gain SERP.
    I believe that website which deserve to be on the top should be on the top.. First of all you compare your website with those which are on the top and see where you are lacking not in terms of links but in terms of quality content.. This is one of the basic step for success in google..
    Dont think that you had a website with a lot of links and it is going to rank.. Think of giving quality content to your visitors and believe in word of mouth and getting natural backlinks...

There are lot of other link building methods like forum posting, blog commenting, directory and much more. You can also apply them

Comments on this post

• sara145 agrees : well said that website which deserves to be on top should be at the top....
  19. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Hello,

I want to know benefits of article submission as well as proper submission method which will help me in terms as follow.

I have 32 unique articles on Home decor & Outdoor decor. I submitted all articles in top 100 free article directories with targeted keywords & anchor links.

But, I can not see effective result after bunch of work. Now, I think that, I spent too much time on article submission. So, How can I get proper benefits of article submission?

I want to know proper method to distribute my articles which will help me to gain one way links as well as referring traffic.
    How big are your articles? They should be at least 600 words, keywords should be contained in 1-3% of the article. That means you should mention "home decor", for example, at the most 18 times, including the header and your anchor text. It can take from weeks to months for your article to provide any results.

Comments on this post

• ClickyB : keyword density 1-3%? Outdated garbage :roll:
  21. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I believe that website which deserve to be on the top should be on the top.. First of all you compare your website with those which are on the top and see where you are lacking not in terms of links but in terms of quality content.. This is one of the basic step for success in google..
    Dont think that you had a website with a lot of links and it is going to rank.. Think of giving quality content to your visitors and believe in word of mouth and getting natural backlinks...

There are lot of other link building methods like forum posting, blog commenting, directory and much more. You can also apply them
    Hi Gurvinderpal, Thanks for your kind information. I read your all post. I think you are right. But I'm not clear some where. My one question that if my site is product seals related like this lepanierfrancais.com, ebay.com etc then........

1. How I will add any content?

2. This all page has only product name and picture. So how optimize this site?

3. How I build my link?

I’m waiting for trusty answers.
  23. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by pollock
    Hi Gurvinderpal, Thanks for your kind information. I read your all post. I think you are right. But I'm not clear some where. My one question that if my site is product seals related like this lepanierfrancais.com, ebay.com etc then........

1. How I will add any content?

2. This all page has only product name and picture. So how optimize this site?

3. How I build my link?

I’m waiting for trusty answers.
    From your description I am assuming that you have a website which sells some products( correct me if I am wrong)....
    I would suggest that in your website post some details about the product, along with some intersting stats about the product you are selling...For eg you are selling electronic devices, so on your webpage give some unique description of the product you are selling.. Also try to include some intersting details like the brief history of the product, where its demand is more and something like that...Like this way you are not only selling the product but also giving the visitors some information about the product.. If the information you are providing is good and unique then you may get large number of natural backlinks. This is what we call link baiting......
    ==============================================As far as link building is concerend write unique articles about your product and submit it to trusted article directories...But I suggest try to focus more on the content on your website...
    Some of ther link building techniques you may use are

1. niche related blog commenting...
    2.niche related forum posting...
    3. guest blogging.....
    If you are selling something then social media marketing like facebook and twitter can help you a lot.. Try making profile in them and make friends which you think may be intersting in nuying your products.....
    If you have any further doubts please fell free to ask me....
  25. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Links is one way to help with SERP, but it has to be done correctly. Just linking for the sake of linking is not good, or linking with sites that have no content relevancy to yours is useless. Creating all reciprocal links also has decreased in value. So build one way links and contextual links; these are powerful.

The other item I would really concentrate on is to build one page per product; and put as much detail as you can about that product with the right keywords within the content and the Meta Keywords, and a good Title with <H1 Tags>. Don't cram or stuff too much of many things into one page. One page - one product. If is an article then one article item - one page.

Most important of all remember "Content IS King". Have well written content and you will see the difference it will make,

Lastly be patient and build a site for the benefit of your users rather then the search engines and your SERP will look after itself.

Good Luck.
    Last edited by learnweb101.com; Apr 12th, 2010 at 09:41 PM.
  27. No Profile Picture
    Permanently Banned

Articles submissions do have many advantages:

You can add an author resource box in your article and include links back to your site.

Article directories tend to review the articles fast.

Each time you add an article to your site the SE know that your site is active.
  29. No Profile Picture
    Permanently Banned

One of the benefit of Article submission is :
    Attracting visitors to your site

Distribute your articles to online publishers, article
    Pages of the presentation, you can immediately put thousands of visitors your site. For example, if you can secure your
    Articles accepted by a large ezine with a half-million
    Participants experienced a sudden increase
    Participant or sale of your site.

Article Submission gives good back links...(Dofollow back links)

But while Doing article Submission Stay away from Data redundancy or Duplicate content ............

For article Submission Used Best directories Like Ezinne.
    Last edited by tannu.seo; Apr 14th, 2010 at 07:01 AM.
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page: