Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page:
    #1
  1. Contributing User

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    75
    Rep Power
    8

    Is it worth paying 2000 pounds for guest posts?


    A company told me they can write a guest post and publish it on Forbes for 2000 pound for my website, my questions:

    1- as i need to increase my domain authority which is currently 5.0 dose it worth to pay the amount for the guest post on Forbes ?

    2- is it better to pay for guest post on Forbes or spend this budget on lower domain authority sites ?
  2. #2
  3. SEO Since 97
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    7,540
    Rep Power
    4715
    I wouldn't, that's about 3k in US dollars. And you don't know what the DA is, it's obsolete unless you're working for google and have some insight.
    is it the authority you need or better ranking?
    Last edited by Test-ok; Nov 7th, 2015 at 03:38 PM.
  4. #3
  5. Contributing User

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    75
    Rep Power
    8
    Originally Posted by Test-ok
    I wouldn't, that's about 3k in US dollars. And you don't know DA is, it's obsolete unless you're working for google and have some insight.
    is it the authority you need or better ranking?
    i need to increase domain authority then it will effect ranking ..but i am not sure if my authority increase and update optimized content to the site the traffic increase..what is your comment ?

    how should i split the amount $3000 between link building, content writing and marketing and seo to increase authority and traffic ?
  6. #4
  7. rod@missionop.com
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Palm Beach Gardens FL 33410
    Posts
    17,292
    Rep Power
    0
    Originally Posted by forex1
    i need to increase domain authority then it will effect ranking ..but i am not sure if my authority increase and update optimized content to the site the traffic increase..what is your comment ?

    how should i split the amount $3000 between link building, content writing and marketing and seo to increase authority and traffic ?
    Would you do brain surgery on yourself or a family member?

    You have no comprehension for what you actually need. Sorry, you are just rambling off stuff you heard and while a Forbes article MIGHT BE WORTH SOMETHING it alone will not provide you what you need. Many more, like 10, 25, 50 or so producing costs of $30,000 to $150,000 is what you need.

    You should hire test-ok.

    how should i split the amount $3000 between link building, content writing and marketing and seo to increase authority and traffic?
    Trying to figure the above out on MY OWN... TOOK 15 years and cost me $1.2 million USDollars. Through test-ok you can get the RANKS, TRAFFIC & CONVERSIONS for that $3,000/month but I would own the assets that produced those and also assume all the risks.

    You can certainly assume all the risk which would be spending $30,000 to $150,000 to gain nothing much... But that is the risk of WHITEHAT SEO.
    Last edited by fathom; Nov 7th, 2015 at 06:44 AM.
  8. #5
  9. Contributing User

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    75
    Rep Power
    8
    Originally Posted by fathom
    Trying to figure the above out on MY OWN... TOOK 15 years and cost me $1.2 million USDollars. Through test-ok you can get the RANKS, TRAFFIC & CONVERSIONS for that $3,000/month but I would own the assets that produced those and also assume all the risks.

    You can certainly assume all the risk which would be spending $30,000 to $150,000 to gain nothing much... But that is the risk of WHITEHAT SEO.
    i dont get what you mean ?.. would you tell me what you mean exactly here or in pm ?
  10. #6
  11. SEO Since 97
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    7,540
    Rep Power
    4715
    how should i split the amount $3000 between link building, content writing and marketing and seo to increase authority and traffic ?
    IMHO you don't split it up, it's much better to get the link building, content and marketing to work together within their own element so they feed off each other and feeds your site which in turn will add rankings, relevance and authority along with all your different phrases ranking as well. Which I can do.

    As fathom stated the cost of 3 k a month, is much better that counting on a bunch of links from high end sites which will give you the risk link spam, and we all know google is hitting that hard. A couple will help but not what you're looking for, again as stated above you would need many of those links to get where you want to go which sticks you with the risk of link spam...Wouldn't you think it's more cost effective to have no risk, than the risk of google hitting you with link spam practices?

    can you pm me the site, I'll be happy to take a look at it.
    Last edited by Test-ok; Nov 7th, 2015 at 03:59 PM.
  12. #7
  13. Contributing User

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    75
    Rep Power
    8
    Originally Posted by Test-ok
    IMHO you don't split it up, it's much better to get the link building, content and marketing to work together within their own element so they feed off each other and feeds your site which in turn will add rankings, relevance and authority along with all your different phrases ranking as well. Which I can do.

    As fathom stated the cost of 3 k a month, is much better that counting on a bunch of links from high end sites which will give you the risk link spam, and we all know google is hitting that hard. A couple will help but not what you're looking for, again as stated above you would need many of those links to get where you want to go which sticks you with the risk of link spam...Wouldn't you think it's more cost effective to have no risk, than the risk of google hitting you with link spam practices?

    can you pm me the site, I'll be happy to take a look at it.
    you mean spend all of money on link building ?
    the website is below.. i will migrate from Pligg cms to Wordpress for better SEO
    Code:
    www.forexsq.com
    Last edited by forex1; Nov 7th, 2015 at 04:17 PM.
  14. #8
  15. rod@missionop.com
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Palm Beach Gardens FL 33410
    Posts
    17,292
    Rep Power
    0
    Not really link building but PageRank is the driving force that makes everything else work.
  16. #9
  17. rod@missionop.com
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Palm Beach Gardens FL 33410
    Posts
    17,292
    Rep Power
    0
    Originally Posted by forex1
    i dont get what you mean ?.. would you tell me what you mean exactly here or in pm ?
    ...and you likely won't without a decade of dedicated research. Your best bet is still to hire test-ok and trusting from the start date adding 30 days and you can see impressive results.

    As with any profession you don't have any background e.g. Doctor, Surgeon, Lawyer, etc., you can understand a layman version of what they do, but to fathom the scope beyond Link Building is GREEK to you.
    Last edited by fathom; Nov 8th, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
  18. #10
  19. Contributing User

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    75
    Rep Power
    8
    Originally Posted by fathom
    ...and you likely won't without a decade of dedicated research. Your best bet is still to hire test-ok and trusting from the start date adding 30 days and you can see impressive results.

    As with any profession you don't have any background e.g. Doctor, Surgeon, Lawyer, etc., you can understand a layman version of what they do, but to fathom the scope beyond Link Building is GREEK to you.
    hiring someone is another subject ...i am not here to hire someone but i am here to find out how i can increase my target traffic from search engines and find the best solution for my website how should i invest on my site
  20. #11
  21. rod@missionop.com
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Palm Beach Gardens FL 33410
    Posts
    17,292
    Rep Power
    0
    Originally Posted by forex1
    hiring someone is another subject ...i am not here to hire someone but i am here to find out how i can increase my target traffic from search engines and find the best solution for my website how should i invest on my site
    Fair enough.

    Read, read, read, test, test, test... In fact, test the same thing many times to induce a pattern of success as doing something once that was inconclusive can just as easily be a fluke and getting different results each time means inconclusive is really bad and if you hone in on something that didn't actually work provides you no return. You only thought it would. Don't trust anyone's word, never trust anything you heard, and even when you see it with your own eyes those are still questionable.
    Last edited by fathom; Nov 9th, 2015 at 02:47 PM.
  22. #12
  23. No Profile Picture
    Hippy
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Peterborough, UK
    Posts
    123
    Rep Power
    80
    I would rather spend 3000 on good content from well known authors, buy some infographics. 3000 thats a lot of money! Better provide your readers with some good articles so there is a chance you get natural backlinks.People always share useful stuff or talk about it. ALWAYS. Plus when getting a qulity content for your website you have full control of it. You never know what will happen to forbes.
  24. #13
  25. Super Moderator
    SEO Chat Genius (4000 - 4499 posts)

    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    4,034
    Rep Power
    919
    The argument is that with an investment of 3K/month (let's say) you DO know what happens. With the Forbes idea, you do NOT know what happens. Not only that, without a comprehensive marketing strategy, no amount of good intentions surrounding content generation will yield results. You need to have a strategy to promote said content, assuming you've done market analysis already and know what the market craves.
  26. #14
  27. No Profile Picture
    Hippy
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Peterborough, UK
    Posts
    123
    Rep Power
    80
    Still the best choice probably is to get consultation or training and have a strong understanding about the things you are investing in. There are loads of very experencied members such as Tes-ok or Fathom or more in this list Member List - SEO Chat Forums

    Comments on this post

    • fathom agrees : I reject this abd also told test-ok and europa I wouldn't support them either.
  28. #15
  29. rod@missionop.com
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Palm Beach Gardens FL 33410
    Posts
    17,292
    Rep Power
    0
    In the great scheme of things ignore ranks, which means ignoring dofollow links as it took me 18 years and $1.2 million dollars in loses to learn enough, on "what not to do". Unless you plan to invest a decade or more into other people's strategies and invest all your profits into making them successful.

    You can't begin to make DIYSEO work without suffering massive loses, and customers will never stick with you if they are the ones that suffer the loses. Being your own customer is problematic unless you have angel investors.

    You'll never make this work on your own. In fact, I doubt you can hire a seasoned SEO Practitioner to make this work either simply because you don't own the product you merely believe if you can acquire leads you can resale them to forex brokers.
    It sounds simple enough but you need a tangible product or service rather than nothing until you resell the potential lead, if you were offering genuine sales. NO RISK Organic SEO is very heavy on investment with ZERO GUARANTEES TO PROVIDE THE PRODUCT.

    Clearly if the profit margin is there, a bank loan is an easy choice. The problem there AGAIN is collateral... banks don't accept "potential"... Nor do experienced SEOs.

    Comments on this post

    • Test-ok agrees : well said
    • Pierre Benneton agrees
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page:

Similar Threads

  1. Guest posts are they worth the effort?
    By phatmike10 in forum Google Optimization
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: Mar 22nd, 2013, 05:36 AM
  2. Vodafone plans share buy-back worth 1.0 billion pounds (AFP)
    By RSS_News_User in forum Technology News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Jul 23rd, 2008, 02:03 AM
  3. AIG to restate back to 2000, cut net worth $2.7 bln (Reuters)
    By RSS_News_User in forum Business News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: May 2nd, 2005, 09:00 AM

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo