Page 2 of 2 First 12
  • Jump to page:
    #16
  1. I love SEOChat.com
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    31
    Rep Power
    30
    Originally Posted by forex1
    A company told me they can write a guest post and publish it on Forbes for 2000 pound for my website, my questions:

    1- as i need to increase my domain authority which is currently 5.0 dose it worth to pay the amount for the guest post on Forbes ?

    2- is it better to pay for guest post on Forbes or spend this budget on lower domain authority sites ?
    I would suggest spend some money on developing link bait programs.. if spent diligently, every cent is worth.
  2. #17
  3. No Profile Picture
    Registered User

    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    14
    Rep Power
    0
    #1 I think the best investment for the first 3000 dollars would be acquiring a nice Buisness Intelligence subscription account, to study and research your competitors. You'll end up learning what you need by practice, and deep understanding.

    But first of all, you'd need to have some grade of knowledge about SEO/SEM and Digital Marketing.

    #2 Start reading a lot, testing all of it, and when you think you're ready to take more info, do #1 Option.

    The best part is that you'll be testing and improving your own material from day 1. Spend a little on this, just to test.
  4. #18
  5. No Profile Picture
    Newbie

    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    3
    Rep Power
    0
    DA is not a Google data point. Its from Moz. So you DO know the DA if you check the site using Open Site Explorer from Moz.
  6. #19
  7. No Profile Picture
    Newbie

    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    3
    Rep Power
    0
    Originally Posted by forex1
    you mean spend all of money on link building ?
    the website is below.. i will migrate from Pligg cms to Wordpress for better SEO
    Code:
    www.forexsq.com
    Hi forex1, I felt the need to interject here. First off, I'm not sure that what some of these people in this thread are telling you is legit. Because DA is not a Google data point, its from Moz.com and you can find the DA of any site using Open Site Explorer from Moz. So to me, the fact that some people here don't even recognize that fact, tells me that they are not even close to being experts in this field. This is very common knowledge. Its also a red flag for me that peoples' grammar is not correct. And these people are telling you to invest in content? They can't even write a forum post that makes sense!

    So we do posts on high DA (authority) sites like Forbes, Huffington Post, etc, etc. And I highly doubt that the provider you are speaking to will be able to get a link to a Forex site slipped into an article on Forbes. The link will end up getting removed by the editor before publishing. Trust me. I'd give it about a 5% chance of getting the link and 95% chance that it will get edited out. Also, 3000 pounds is WAY too expensive. We charge half that price for Forbes.

    I also would NOT recommend content marketing, infographics and the such. Not for a Forex site. And also because with content marketing, you never know what you will get. It all depends on whether or not people are going to find your content interesting enough to share and link to it. And most of the time you will end up with very little in the way of links and shares. Its a crap shoot where the odds are really stacked against you. Again, especially in a niche like Forex which has a bad reputation as a scam and because many in the Forex niche have used spam tactics over the years. Everyone just tells you to 'create great content' because that's the canned answer that everyone is brainwashed into providing. That does not work for every niche and situation. And even when you do have a niche that is perfect for content marketing, its a gamble.

    There are many other finance related sites that you could get links from that also have high authority. Your current DA is 30, which is not bad. But your link profile is completely spammed. Here are some of the anchor texts you have in links coming into your site:
    deticated server
    goedkope dedicated server
    water damage restoration chicago
    instagram followers request
    hamilton beach big mouth juice extractor
    Now it looks like all the pages being linked to with these spammy anchor texts are 404'd. So maybe you've been fighting this already. Either way you need to disavow all those spammy domains before you do any link building.

    As for spending the 3000 pounds, I would suggest targeting niche relevant sites for in-content links. Sites like Benzinga, or Bestgrowthstock.com (which has a Forex section). You need to also build more branded links and nofollow links to balance out your link profile. This can be done via featured interviews, high authority business directories, press releases, etc.

    You have alot of work to do. But the good news is that you have a pretty good site with some decent content it seems.
  8. #20
  9. Contributing User

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    75
    Rep Power
    8
    good advice ..thank you to put time and analysis my site, i already edit disavow links but it needs time...i want to increase link profile and my brand name but i dont know how to do it in effective way ..is there any top company in the wrold to do it for me ?
    Originally Posted by Algoholic
    Hi forex1, I felt the need to interject here. First off, I'm not sure that what some of these people in this thread are telling you is legit. Because DA is not a Google data point, its from Moz.com and you can find the DA of any site using Open Site Explorer from Moz. So to me, the fact that some people here don't even recognize that fact, tells me that they are not even close to being experts in this field. This is very common knowledge. Its also a red flag for me that peoples' grammar is not correct. And these people are telling you to invest in content? They can't even write a forum post that makes sense!

    So we do posts on high DA (authority) sites like Forbes, Huffington Post, etc, etc. And I highly doubt that the provider you are speaking to will be able to get a link to a Forex site slipped into an article on Forbes. The link will end up getting removed by the editor before publishing. Trust me. I'd give it about a 5% chance of getting the link and 95% chance that it will get edited out. Also, 3000 pounds is WAY too expensive. We charge half that price for Forbes.

    I also would NOT recommend content marketing, infographics and the such. Not for a Forex site. And also because with content marketing, you never know what you will get. It all depends on whether or not people are going to find your content interesting enough to share and link to it. And most of the time you will end up with very little in the way of links and shares. Its a crap shoot where the odds are really stacked against you. Again, especially in a niche like Forex which has a bad reputation as a scam and because many in the Forex niche have used spam tactics over the years. Everyone just tells you to 'create great content' because that's the canned answer that everyone is brainwashed into providing. That does not work for every niche and situation. And even when you do have a niche that is perfect for content marketing, its a gamble.

    There are many other finance related sites that you could get links from that also have high authority. Your current DA is 30, which is not bad. But your link profile is completely spammed. Here are some of the anchor texts you have in links coming into your site:
    deticated server
    goedkope dedicated server
    water damage restoration chicago
    instagram followers request
    hamilton beach big mouth juice extractor
    Now it looks like all the pages being linked to with these spammy anchor texts are 404'd. So maybe you've been fighting this already. Either way you need to disavow all those spammy domains before you do any link building.

    As for spending the 3000 pounds, I would suggest targeting niche relevant sites for in-content links. Sites like Benzinga, or Bestgrowthstock.com (which has a Forex section). You need to also build more branded links and nofollow links to balance out your link profile. This can be done via featured interviews, high authority business directories, press releases, etc.

    You have alot of work to do. But the good news is that you have a pretty good site with some decent content it seems.
  10. #21
  11. No Profile Picture
    Newbie

    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    3
    Rep Power
    0
    Originally Posted by forex1
    good advice ..thank you to put time and analysis my site, i already edit disavow links but it needs time...i want to increase link profile and my brand name but i dont know how to do it in effective way ..is there any top company in the wrold to do it for me ?
    Good to hear you are already disavowing links. A trick that not many people know of is to take all the linking pages you disavow, and get them indexed by either running them through a link indexing program or building links to them.
    The idea is that Google does not disavow the links until they find and crawl them again. And that could take months, especially on spammy link sites. So getting them indexed quickly gets them disavowed faster.

    <snip>
    Last edited by pro_seo; Jun 21st, 2016 at 03:10 PM. Reason: no self promotion allowed
Page 2 of 2 First 12
  • Jump to page:

Similar Threads

  1. Guest posts are they worth the effort?
    By phatmike10 in forum Google Optimization
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: Mar 22nd, 2013, 05:36 AM
  2. Vodafone plans share buy-back worth 1.0 billion pounds (AFP)
    By RSS_News_User in forum Technology News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Jul 23rd, 2008, 02:03 AM
  3. AIG to restate back to 2000, cut net worth $2.7 bln (Reuters)
    By RSS_News_User in forum Business News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: May 2nd, 2005, 09:00 AM

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo