1. Super Moderator
    SEO Chat Genius (4000 - 4499 posts)

In the retail sector.......

This will apply to some industries.... but not all of them by any means.

Retailers often buy products from wholesalers/distributors, instead of going direct to the manufacturer. They get better pricing and better service this way.

But.... manufacturers often have an "authorized dealer" section on their sites.

Find those that do, apply for an account to buy direct, and become an authorized dealer, requesting that your info be added to that section of their site.

Even if you never make a direct purchase, you're now an "authorized dealer" with another good link.

Comments on this post

• gazzahk agrees : very clever...
    • Lb1878 agrees : when it works, it's usually beneficial. typically easy too. good one
  3. Dancin with the devil
    SEO Chat Hero (2000 - 2499 posts)

Originally Posted by jsteele823
    In the retail sector.......

This will apply to some industries.... but not all of them by any means.

Retailers often buy products from wholesalers/distributors, instead of going direct to the manufacturer. They get better pricing and better service this way.

But.... manufacturers often have an "authorized dealer" section on their sites.

Find those that do, apply for an account to buy direct, and become an authorized dealer, requesting that your info be added to that section of their site.

Even if you never make a direct purchase, you're now an "authorized dealer" with another good link.
    I guess i thought this one was a gimme. I have found that this does not always provide benefits as some of the pages/links are not followed. Also, the manufacturers dont usually give you the ability to select your anchor text. Most of the time, they use the company name as the anchor. Is there a way to better maximize a link like this or does this fall under "a link is a link" methodology?

The other gem with this technique is that it helps you on the local side as your company name and address are included thus, counting as a citation.
    "Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime." Chinese Proverb
  5. Online Business Builder
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

Originally Posted by gazzahk
    I would love to hear from more people how they use social networking to gain links. I have been trying to look at ways of implementing it for my business and just see heaps of problems in trying to do so.

So my friends please share exactly how you use social networking to generate linking opportunities...
    Sharing you real time experience, I am using linkedin for seeking writers/editors rather than potential users. we are providing local broadband / VoIP service. I Googled and take a list of local newspapers website. I figured out which is best website from SEO prospective (like PR, traffic, compete rank, URL structure, internal linking, OBL). Then I followed that company (new paper) on linkedin and found out the right person (senior editor, journalist) and send him a friend request. When I sent request I was very honest and straight forward. I clearly explained my intention. he accepted the request and also happy to publish our company write ups on the website with link. I got one live press release on their main website and one article on their child website. I have noticed significant traffic and sales improvement after that publish. Though I haven't tracked ranking movement but it helped me in PR as the story URL is now PR 5.
    so I achieved this link through linkedin.

Previously I contacted editors though direct email but I hadn't heard back from anyone. I think it is because they might be engage on some other work or emails hence they simply ignore your emails or consider it as promotional whereas on social network like linkedin or facebook they might have free (spare) time to read your request IMO.

Comments on this post

• SEO_AM agrees : Highly creative. Make them associates then harvest backlinks.
    • jsteele823 agrees : Excellent use of social media, too
    • DarrenHaye agrees
    • Lb1878 agrees : creative.. thanks for sharing
    • EdmontonSeoLeo agrees : Great Idea. I am going to implement this as soon as I'm done reading this thread. Also going to share this with my team
    • gazzahk agrees : Thanks...
    Last edited by chiragparekh; Oct 24th, 2011 at 02:23 AM.
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Originally Posted by SEO_AM

Once those e-mail lists were assembled, I test marketed varying approaches as to SUPER personalized e-mails to see which approaches were responsible for higher closure rate on obtaining backlinks to our content. Those personalized e-mails focused on why our content should be offered to their students. This approach was highly time consuming, but it resulted in many .edu one-way backlinks. Since those days we only focus on content and no longer search for backlinks. Our backlinks continue to grow without any contact with our user base.
    Hey SO_AM,

I think you mentioned a brilliant technique for informational based websites. Would you mind giving us some more advice on contacting webdecision-makers in the education section? I would like to know how you generally address and find these people (Dear Dr. X just doesn't cut it, imo). I am a Graduate Assistant so I know how many emails get lost or deleted.

Thanks and have a great weekend,

Lucian
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I agree to you not to buy links.
    When your website is the best it will be the other website owners who would want to have a link to your website.
    Choose those websites who are in to upward or downward integration to your product.
  11. Super Moderator

For those that use Google.... what is it you are searching for?
  13. Contributing User

Originally Posted by abilitydesigns
    ( hint): The Best type of links come from people who have no idea about SEO but are passionate about their niche/content.. #ninja
    I couldn't agree more about that. I have this fan website that I built out to test my first seo project, on my own, and I have barely done any backlinking to it yet.

These fans are linking my website all over other fan forums, imdb forums, twitter, pinterest etc. All relevant areas to my website.

Sometimes I wish I could just say thank you to them for saving me the trouble. lol
  15. No Profile Picture
    No SEO in New SEO
    SEO Chat Super Hero (2500 - 2999 posts)

Originally Posted by moneymagnet
    I have a friend who works as a link builder. They just gather popular sites based on their needs/interest and start posting comments in there.
    It will not directly influencing you SEO rankings maximum sites which have commenting option they use no follow attribute.

Comments on this post

• dreamingrahul agrees : Firstly, this is not link building and through comment posting you can't increase your rankings. Maximum sites have no follow attribute for your link. :)
    You do your business I do mine, because you are you and I am I, If we meet it is nice.
    Starting a SEO Company | Some SEO Tips
  17. Always ready to learn..

I know that am a little child in this field. I am doing SEO from 2 years and with this experience I also want to share my view.

I think SEO is just like our real life work.

I start work with On Page and content optimization because first impression is last impression.

Then I start Off Page work with 50-100 quality directory submission for each title.

After this I go with bookmarking and article submission.

I use these only for increase rankings.

But for increase traffic I prefer quality and unique article submission and also do social media with facebook, twitter, Identi, status(mother site of Identi), digg, reddit, hictu and more like this.

Increase likes on facebook, followers on twitter and also interact with other members of site.

Do not create fake ID and fake a/cs because for fake a/c, we have to think fake things. Always create real a/cs with real things. People love this.

Please correct me if anything is wrong here.
  19. No Profile Picture
    No SEO in New SEO
    SEO Chat Super Hero (2500 - 2999 posts)

Originally Posted by dreamingrahul
    Please correct me if anything is wrong here.
    Start with some stickies and come up with you words believe me that will work great for you and ours.
  21. Always ready to learn..

Originally Posted by Prof.stan
    Start with some stickies and come up with you words believe me that will work great for you and ours.
    I don't have lot of experience in SEO so please tell me some stickies here.
  23. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I'm trying a new method to find opportunities I can create quality links.

1. Search with a keyword you want, such as "open rate";
    2. Record the links(especially the competitor's) who are ranked higher than yours;
    3. Search the backlinks to that competitor's page by putting "link:competitor.com" in the search box;
    4. Try to have your links displayed in the any page where your competitor's link appears.
  25. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Another great way to get links is something I read over at SEOMOZ. Find and follow some of the big contributors for your niche.

Create a piece of content that includes these top authorities and if it doesn't include them email that and ask them what they think before you release the content.

After that add that they added and release the content give links to the authority personality and email/tweet them telling them the content is release and they will most likely link to the content, and add allot more traffic and links to your content.

You can find the post over at seomoz, of course this is just summary, but read the full post over there.

Of course Google alters and search queries is another great way to find back linking opportunities.

Comments on this post

• gazzahk agrees : Good idea
  27. No Profile Picture

SEO Newbie

So... I have been doing SEO for a little over a week. I have a few different sites I am working on.
    I am trying to get some solid links to company's site that focuses on residential, commerical, and long-distance moving services.
    Sounds simple enough?
    Well, it has been a little bit of a struggle. Although, I came accross a website- freewebsubmission.com
    It lists numerous search engines/directories that you can submit to.
    Anyone know if this is the right starting point?
  29. Super Moderator

No, it is not a good start.

If you are looking for a good start, reach out to local realtors with independent websites.