Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last
  • Jump to page:
  1. SEO LuRk
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Textlinkbrokers.com & text-link-ads.com

Has anyone ever used either of these services?
  3. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Super Hero (2500 - 2999 posts)

for what? to buy links? sigh...not the best practices at all in SEO....

read....learn...and then see what I mean...

Jim

Comments on this post

• michaelswoops
    Jim Rudnick
    MCSD
    Canadian SEO

Twitter: @JVRudnick

read. learn. hypothesize. test. analyze...then rank!

5. Contributing User

if this does "sound great" to you, the I'd say buy in!

and please can you also get TONS of clients in the same channels as my own? that way, I'd have no competition at all....

sigh....'nother one, eh?

;(

Jim
  7. Jarrod Hunt
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Originally Posted by JVRudnick
    if this does "sound great" to you, the I'd say buy in!

and please can you also get TONS of clients in the same channels as my own? that way, I'd have no competition at all....

sigh....'nother one, eh?

;(

Jim

JV, So are you saying that you can outrank anyone and everyone without ever building a link, for any keyword?
  9. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Super Genius (4500 - 4999 posts)

Post links to the testimonials you provided on the clients' websites. Then I'll be impressed.

You post one time in 4 years, and it's solely to promote yourself...... wow.
  11. Jarrod Hunt

Originally Posted by jsteele823
    Post links to the testimonials you provided on the clients' websites. Then I'll be impressed.
    Not sure if I understand what you are saying, but if you are saying we should link to our clients websites from our testimonials page, we do link to some, and while we would love to link to every client who has ever used our services, that wouldn't be impressive it would be irresponsible.

We have always maintained a low profile for obvious reasons, privacy is a commodity in this business.

As for why this is my first post in 4 years, this post showed up in my tracking software for our name. Why wouldn't I participate? I don't spend much time in forums these days, but occasionally I like to pop in. Isnt that just good marketing? If someone asks about your company in a forum do you not participate? I thought that was marketing 101?

Regards,

Comments on this post

• fathom : ...more like "Getting Penalized 101!"
  13. rod@missionop.com
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Originally Posted by jman
    ----
    "There are few professional link building companies that I would recommend to my clients. Text Link Brokers has a track record of helping businesses navigate the complexities of link building."
    Andy Beal, editor of MarketingPilgrim.com
    -----
    "I've known Jarrod & the TLB crew for a long time. They've always had a great business that's provided value to their clients and partners."
    Rand Fishkin, owner SEOmoz.org
    -----
    “Building quality links is essential for building traffic and obtaining top rankings in Google, TextLinkbrokers.com has a solid crew behind them and I've known them a long time, they will help your business.�?
    Loren Baker, SearchEngineJournal.com
    So we say your quoted testimonials are in the past month? ...3 months? ...6 months? ...or years gone by?
  15. rod@missionop.com
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

We have always maintained a low profile for obvious reasons, privacy is a commodity in this business.
    That's the wooing way of saying ... if anyone could associate any website with your services... they would lose all value immediately... don't it?

It is agreed that links are a necessary part of SEO but in general, links are a benefit/feature of some other service... (at least the good ones that you can show to the world)

In your business - you MUST HIDE your primary offering from the world because - if you don't your customers lose all value you claim to offer.

...that's the problem - not the fact that the rest of us are purists.

Comments on this post

• jsteele823 agrees
    Last edited by fathom; Sep 9th, 2009 at 08:36 AM.
  17. No Profile Picture
    Noj
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

I bought links with you guys very successfully 3+ years ago, and found your link inventory pricey but very effective.

Right now the webs moved on and I wouldnt touch you services with a barge pole.

Not because its a bad service, but because times have changed and techniques we need to use have changed a well.

I am one of the last people on here willing to say its still OK to buy links, but never ever ever from a broker !

Hello michaelswoops,

We would be happy to send you some references if you would like to try out our services.

http://www.textlinkbrokers.com/testimonials.html

While there are purists out there who believe that you should never build links to increase your SEO rankings, most professional SEO's realize that it is a necessity.

Building links through Press Releases, Article Syndication, Link Bait etc.. are all considered white hat by most SEO's including Matt Cutts

Granted there are some link building methods that are more Grey than others, but those should always be looked at individually with your risk tolerance and competition in mind.

It really depends on your industry and keywords. It is nearly impossible to rank in the top 3 for highly competitive keywords without doing some agressive link building since all of the people you are competing with are likely doing it.

Here are what some of the pros say about TextLinkBrokers.com

----
    "There are few professional link building companies that I would recommend to my clients. Text Link Brokers has a track record of helping businesses navigate the complexities of link building."
    Andy Beal, editor of MarketingPilgrim.com
    -----
    "I've known Jarrod & the TLB crew for a long time. They've always had a great business that's provided value to their clients and partners."
    Rand Fishkin, owner SEOmoz.org
    -----
    “Building quality links is essential for building traffic and obtaining top rankings in Google, TextLinkbrokers.com has a solid crew behind them and I've known them a long time, they will help your business.�?
    Loren Baker, SearchEngineJournal.com

Here is a list of most of our Link Building Services. http://www.textlinkbrokers.com/link-building-services.html

-Jarrod Hunt

Comments on this post

• jsteele823 agrees : But if you stop this post at the first line, it's a decent testimonial..... :)
    • JVRudnick agrees : and just add the second line for the current level of truth too! :-)
  19. No Profile Picture
    Noj
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

Originally Posted by Noj
    jsteele823 agrees: But if you stop this post at the first line, it's a decent testimonial.....
    hey my words don't carry that much weight.

Also they were never cheap, but some clients did very well from them for 3 years.

ROI was 20 times that the same clients got from google adwords, I can see why google wanted to shut them down.
  21. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

We used their service for a client a few years back and got excellent results although it was quite pricey. Not sure if I would use this tactic today though.
  23. Contributing User

sock puppets unite!

Jim
  25. Jarrod Hunt

Hi Guys,

Thanks for all of the feedback. I will be the first to say that we have a branding issue. When people think of link brokers the first, and usually only, thing they think of is paid links on high pagerank sites. Paid links in footers and in sidebars, rented on a monthly basis, while still somewhat effective, is only a small portion of our business these days.

We build links in every way imaginable. We have over 2 dozen link building methods that we utilize. You would be hard pressed to find a link building method that we do not use. And for whatever service we do not offer as a standard product, we have probably done at least once as a custom project (Widgets, Contests, Wordpress Themes etc...).

I completely understand the move away from the standard paid links, there are other ways to build links that are as effective, if not more effective, that are also not targeted heavily by Google.

Link Bait and viral content generation is one example. Building high quality content and then promoting that content is something we have been doing for years, and its something that Matt Cutts and most SEO's agree is the best way to build natural links.

Im not going to sit here and say that every kind of link we build is Google friendly, that just wouldn't be accurate. What we do sell however is a wide range of link building services, some that are Google friendly and some that are not.

Each and every client needs to make their own decisions and we do our best to guide them down the right path. What works for one person does not work for everyone.

A client that is trying to rank for highly competitive terms, where everyone of their main competitors is aggressively building links is not going to compete by simply doing press releases or article syndication.

A client that is going after local keywords in a non competitive space may only need a few syndicated articles or press releases to meet their objectives.

A client that has no risk tolerance may decide to solely focus on viral content.

A client that is not scared of Google may decide to use every link building method possible in order to compete.

A client that is worried about Google but still wants to be aggressive with link building, will likely opt for one of our backlink boosting programs where we do not link directly to the clients site but instead link to pages that are already linking to them.

Regards,
  27. Jarrod Hunt

For the comments regarding the freshness of our testimonials. We are as viable today as we were years ago and our clients are as happy as they have ever been.

The testimonials provided by Rand, Loren, and Andy were only created a couple of months ago.

There are a lot of ways to build links without using outdated techniques.

We have thousands of active clients that are all seeing great results. If any of you would like to contact me or my sales staff we would be happy to show you some current examples and provide references.

Regards,
  29. SEO Chat Skiller (1500 - 1999 posts)

I got a few emails asking for a response here, but don't have a ton to add. Just a few items:

#1 - I do like Jarrod and think the business he's built is a good one.
    #2 - I'm no longer a proponent of straight link buys or link brokerage for most sites (and SEOmoz is definitely a brand that doesn't want to stray into non white hat arenas or recommend those to others)
    #3 - I think other link building methods that the engines don't frown up are legitimate, valuable and certainly believe that Jarrod's team is capable of doing that.
    #4 - Jarrod - I think you're mistaken about my testimonial, which is from longer ago (but I'd still give it today with regards to the white hat link building stuff that you guys do).

Hope that helps clarify.

Comments on this post

• JVRudnick agrees : SPOT-ON Rand...and thanks...well lads, opinions now on this strategy? I know where I stand....you?
    • jsteele823 agrees : What the hell are you doing here? ha. Thanks for the input.
    • Aignam agrees : rand fishkin himself...wow.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last
  • Jump to page: