1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Receive Nofollow links from bloggers

Hi all,

Im currently working on my backlinks for my online store - tivelasipottery.com
    I have send samples to around 15 bloggers and I receive mostly "Nofollow" links from them. Only two links of the links were dofollow links. Can someone explain me why this is happening ? Is there any restrictions of this blogs about links or something else ? I dont get why they just make the backlinks "dofollow"? Are there any negatives for them if make it dofollow links ?

Thank you in advance!
    Last edited by dzine; Mar 5th, 2016 at 07:12 AM. Reason: delinked, then approved
  3. SEO Insultant
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Your sending samples (real bit of pottery?) is very cool.

However, most (if not all) blogs these days are set to only link out using rel=nofollow.
    So it's hardly surprising that theirs are nofollowed as well.

Maybe you should:
    - seek out blogs that link out more generously;
    - ask them for a 'dofollow' link instead;
    - look into other types of promo. Newspapers (maybe local ones) spring to mind.

Comments on this post

• ClickyB agrees
  5. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by dzine
    Your sending samples (real bit of pottery?) is very cool.

However, most (if not all) blogs these days are set to only link out using rel=nofollow.
    So it's hardly surprising that theirs are nofollowed as well.

Maybe you should:
    - seek out blogs that link out more generously;
    - ask them for a 'dofollow' link instead;
    - look into other types of promo. Newspapers (maybe local ones) spring to mind.
    After reaching around 30-40 bloggers it seems that most of them do not want to provide Dofollow link. I still dont understand why they are doing this ? Is it harmful for their sites ? However they have a thousands of nofollow links and I dont get it why dont provide a few dofollow links ?
  7. SEO Insultant

They all THINK it's harmful. It is not. But if they don't know that, then there is little you can do about it.
    Except maybe if you build a self-destruct mechanism into your samples
  9. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by dzine
    They all THINK it's harmful. It is not. But if they don't know that, then there is little you can do about it.
    Except maybe if you build a self-destruct mechanism into your samples
    I know it that those dofollow links doesnt harm their "superior" blogs They seems to be thinking that I will be stealing the traffic from their blog I dont know how to explain this to them.
  11. No Profile Picture

And is it worth to send a tens of samples to a blogs that doesn't make dofollow links ? The only benefit will be their subscribers will see this review and there is a possibilite some of them to come to our online store and possible buy something.
  13. Super Moderator

Wordpress is set up to add "nofollow" tags to outbound links by default and it's not always easy/possible to change that.
    Yes there are plug-ins that will reverse it but there are also many (popular) themes that conflict with some of the "dofollow" plug-ins and stop them from working...
    (I know this because we run a lot of wordpress blogs for clients and - for one in particular, we had to clone the theme and make substantial mod's to allow the user to choose follow/nofollow for himself)!

So it may not necessarily be bloody mindedness/ignorance!

Whether it's worth it or not is your call. My opinion is that IF these bloggers are blogging about pottery and their blogs are busy/popular, it's a good way to get (virtually) free traffic/publicity and it doesn't necessarily follow that it won't result in better ranks (links aren't the only ranking signal)!

That being said it would clearly benefit you more if the links were followed and you should ask them to do that.
    ClickyB
    "The quality of the visitor is more important than the volume..." (Egol 22nd Feb 2008)
    [New to SEO/SeoChat?] [Canonical Problems?] [Forum Rules & Posting Guidelines]