1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Question about foreign languages

Currently doing a backlink analysis of some competitors for a client who's looking to build up their own backlink profile, we're looking for a few quality links (few hundred is the goal) as they're quite niche and small at present.

Whenever I've encountered a foreign language site which doesn't have a US or UK version I've been red-ing (not to follow up) on my big ol spreadsheet.

My thinking is we don't have the time to spare and it probably won't be worth the headache trying to contact and communicate across that barrier ( even if the site looks great and can be translated by Google)

Is that what you would do? What are other people's thoughts?
  3. Not An Expert
    SEO Chat Hero (2000 - 2499 posts)

Hrrm, tricky question!

Well, if the sites are relevant to your niche and powerful, I feel like the links probably wouldn't hurt. If you're not targeting the countries they're based in, then they're probably not as valuable as links from sites based in countries you are targeting.

I guess, overall, I feel like it would neither hurt nor help. If you can get 'em, great. If you can't, it sounds like you're getting plenty of other links from good sources too.
  5. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Thanks mark. I'm mostly just worried about the time and effort possibly wasted attempting to arrange a guest blog / link across a language barrier. Some of them would be good though but as you say probably won't make a world of difference. I think I'll try extracting all the FL links and put them in a "think about later" tab.