1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Need Help with Backlinks

Hello,

I'm stating a new computer repair business, due to that I was laid off work. What I need help with is getting back links to my site once its up. I been doing lots of reading on back links and the only way i see to to buy them or go with orange soda.
    The only problem is that I don't have much money to spend and looking for a cheap way to get my site up and get a few call and then spend the money on getting rank up top.
    If there a way I can do my own backlink I would I have all the time I need. Just looking for a few pointers thanks

The tools I'm using so far are Wordpress and some seo plug-ins and IPB.
    Last edited by Tron7890; May 25th, 2012 at 03:29 PM.
  3. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Super Genius (4500 - 4999 posts)

You may not even need the backlinks. Typically, computer repair is a local-oriented business. Check out google.com/local/add and sign up for a places account. Then take a look through the local search techniques forum here, as well as herniated.org and www.davidmihm.com.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

if you have local business you do not need to create lot of international links. just do some offline advertisement to improve your business.
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Hey I hope you grow with your new found business. Second I think it's important to find links from your local area, so if there are any local directories you can join this will help,

Also sign up for the google local places listing and add your business, do the same with yahoo and bing.

Then find citations with whitespark.com, this will verify that you business is real.

Also join about 10-20 local blogs/authority blog/forums and start adding value and get backlinks from the signature, but make sure that you anchor text isn't keyword related but brand related.

This should get you off in the right direction.
  9. No Profile Picture

you need a bit of both offline and online advertisement to acheive your goal. First goal online would be to advertise on forums related to your business. Tell people what you have to offer, if you have products sell on ebay and amazon as most people use these sites. The better effective way is email marketing to, check out sites similar to yours and see if they need your services. You can even post ads on online groups on facebook, most people find this effective.

<snip>

Hope this helps you out and never give up, most people give up and they don't realize that there business can bring them millions.
    Last edited by ClickyB; Jun 19th, 2012 at 01:05 PM. Reason: Self-Promotion is not allowed
  11. No Profile Picture
    Guiding Star

Posting in classified ads would also give you good links. you dont have to hurry rushing to the top. First advertise offline to gain money. then advertise online(pay some advertising company) and that's how you would get good traffic and backlinks. Also business would improve.
  13. No Profile Picture

I think that you no need for the online advertisements but offline advertise is need. You should spread the pump let and given the advertisement in daily new paper.
    Thanks.
  15. Contributing User

See if you can attract some low cost or even free PR too.

We recently moved into an office in a particular Local Authority area and the Local Authority paid for some great PR (which promoted their offerings to busines and of course our own company/product)

If you can come up with a novel story and interesting image around your new business, this of course helps to get editors to publish the articled.