1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Linking a new website from my old websites

I own 3 websites that have good rankings on search engines. I would like to link them all to my newest 4th website in order to boost the new websites ranking. I eventually will completely phase out the older websites, but for now would like to use them somehow to help the new one. I do not want to affiliate the old sites with the new one. Whats the best method?
  3. -
    SEO Chat Super Hero (2500 - 2999 posts)

Originally Posted by mridude
    I own 3 websites that have good rankings on search engines. I would like to link them all to my newest 4th website in order to boost the new websites ranking. I eventually will completely phase out the older websites, but for now would like to use them somehow to help the new one. I do not want to affiliate the old sites with the new one. Whats the best method?
    Are all four websites in the same niche?

And you say you want to link the old sites to the new one, but you don't want to affiliate them with it.. seems a bit of a contradiction.
    I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill
  5. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

My inclination would be to only link to them where it fits to do so perfectly. Do not go for your 'top anchor text' (getting your first 3 links with the same good anchor text could be viewed as obviously manipulative - and even more so if you are trying to 'shoehorn' the link in!).

I personally would disclose my connection - it is natural to recommend/talk about yourself - especially on an 'about us' page:

"Here is our new company project promoting a new way to wash cars"

"Here is our new company project promoting our innovative car washing system"

"I have recently doubled my workload with our new project at www.waterlesscarwashing.co.uk"

Whether it is the same niche or not you will be fine.

Same niche will help more than different niches, but neither should get you in trouble.