Thread: Link Wheel

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page:
  1. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Link Wheel

I heard lot about Link Wheel.
    I want to know about it.
    How its work and its benifit? So please help.
  3. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Super Hero (2500 - 2999 posts)

sounds fishy to me...I'd look on google for reviews etc BEFORE ever spending a dime....plus remember, link farms are a No-No to google!

Jim
    Jim Rudnick
    MCSD
    Canadian SEO

Twitter: @JVRudnick

read. learn. hypothesize. test. analyze...then rank!

5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I guess a little bit googel gonna help u. We could discuss this issue based on some experiences instead of justing commenting on something u completely have no idea abt.

Comments on this post

• Noj agrees : spot on, people speak of what you know.
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

The idea of a link wheel is to have several social sites with articles or profile links all pointing to your target page (or hub) and also all pointing to one of the other social sites so they form a chain eventually circling back to the first social site.

The inward links are like the spokes of a wheel to the hub from the outer ring of social sites.

There are several guys using this and it seems to work for long tail keywords at least but there is also a lot of bull about using 'High PR' social sites to propel yourself to the top for any keyword.

Comments on this post

• gauravtyagi agrees
  9. No Profile Picture

I have heard about link wheel too. They say its a powerful tool and can help you get ranked on google. But I've never tried it myself.. I'm looking forward for stories of success using this link wheel..
  11. No Profile Picture

We are work in linkwheel service, I want to listen more about that. May be I can share something for you!
    Last edited by quohugcr; Sep 18th, 2009 at 08:47 PM.
  13. Roll the dice.. and live
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

This thread seems to have attracted a lot of first time posters... I hope they are from different IPs...
    Live the moment
  15. shuffle up and deal

Originally Posted by Maca
    The idea of a link wheel is to have several social sites with articles or profile links all pointing to your target page (or hub) and also all pointing to one of the other social sites so they form a chain eventually circling back to the first social site.

The inward links are like the spokes of a wheel to the hub from the outer ring of social sites.

There are several guys using this and it seems to work for long tail keywords at least but there is also a lot of bull about using 'High PR' social sites to propel yourself to the top for any keyword.
    Would someone please explain to me why this would work?
  17. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I'm guessing their belief is that each linking site (usually social sites like hubpages, wetpaint etc) is not only linking to the target page but also helping to keep the next social site ranking.

You sometimes see folk talking about their high PR linkwheels then you have to explain there is no PR and often even nofollow links from their profiles!

Now before you go off your tits again understand this is not my idea - I merely tried to explain the concept to someone who asked what it was. I'm not in the mood for another misguided attack...
  19. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Why they work

Originally Posted by lewisdb
    Would someone please explain to me why this would work?
    The simple reason is that there are no amount of links that you can throw at the wheel without Google penalising the sites. Try that with your own website and i can assure you Google will throw a wobbly.

It is not that they are high pr (although some do very well) it is the fact that they are funneling traffic.

There is a BIG BUT though. Google has got wise to them and so have the web 2.00 properties we so happily abuse. After trialing many variations we have found that an open ended wheel with focussed hubs seems to be throwing Google off the scent and providing excellent traffic and raking to the main sites.
  21. shuffle up and deal

Originally Posted by WebWorx
    The simple reason is that there are no amount of links that you can throw at the wheel without Google penalising the sites. Try that with your own website and i can assure you Google will throw a wobbly.

It is not that they are high pr (although some do very well) it is the fact that they are funneling traffic.

There is a BIG BUT though. Google has got wise to them and so have the web 2.00 properties we so happily abuse. After trialing many variations we have found that an open ended wheel with focussed hubs seems to be throwing Google off the scent and providing excellent traffic and raking to the main sites.
    LMAO

That's your second post in this forum and all concerning the same thing. The exact same thing as your crummy site!

In the other thread you were explaining that you had 10 years experience and employed a whole bunch of people.

Answer me one question. How do you expect me to take your link building skills seriously after I look at your site. You have 3 links, no PR and no traffic (admittedly the tools to measure this are a little crude)

Oh sorry there is one more question. If you can drive so much traffic to your site using your methods then why are you using google alerts to bring up threads like this so you can come and try to rustle up some business? A man with your expertise and resources is surely above that!
  23. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

From the amount of posts you make talking crap you obviously have more free time on your hands than you do work.

Yes i did join this forum tonight as i though it would be a refreshing change from Warrior, how wrong you can be.

All i have found is you.

When you have a business generating enough money to keep nine families afloat then come back and take the piss.

Did i say our sites were well ranked?

Did i say they the best looking?

NO but they still pull in more a day than you are making so why not share some of that vast knowledge you must have to make comments about everyone elses websites. - Where is yours, what are your credentials?

Comments on this post

• JVRudnick : LOL!!! this is just another "hub" styled tactic that G has been banning for years now....DO NOT listen to this poster nor use his tactics....you will be penalized BIG time by G!!!
  25. shuffle up and deal

From the amount of posts you make talking crap you obviously have more free time on your hands than you do work.

Yes i did join this forum tonight as i though it would be a refreshing change from Warrior, how wrong you can be.

All i have found is you.

When you have a business generating enough money to keep nine families afloat then come back and take the piss.

Did i say our sites were well ranked?

Did i say they the best looking?

NO but they still pull in more a day than you are making so why not share some of that vast knowledge you must have to make comments about everyone elses websites. - Where is yours, what are your credentials?
    That my boy, start throwing insults instead of proving your point!

1. Why don't you use the technique on your own site if it works so well?

2. How would you expect me to take you seriously when as an SEO your own site does not rank and does not have links?

Let's not get into a fight about who earns the most. Those who shout loudest usually have nothing to shout about.

I have real clients who get real results in some of the most competitive markets around. I don't need to prove my worth to you. The only people I do that for are my customers.

Comments on this post

• JVRudnick agrees : SPOT-ON lewisdb....as always! this idiot is NOT going to earn a living....as his customers when banned will report all on forums all over....AND...as he's not the OP, he can't delete this thread SO...the world will see his inabilities! Aint G grand!!
  27. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

1/. I was not being insulting, i think you will find it was you.
    2/. The site you have seen is just one of many and would certainly not degrade a good site here.
    3/. I never said anywhere that i made the most money. I know a lot better and richer people in the SEO world than me.
    4/. Your back with the insults again with the real customer line

And as to the comment posted within yours about someone agreeing with you, i am quite happy to have these posts remain. It will just do what this forum is obviously all about - put people down - and offer no real help to those asking.
  29. shuffle up and deal

1/. I was not being insulting, i think you will find it was you.
    2/. The site you have seen is just one of many and would certainly not degrade a good site here.
    3/. I never said anywhere that i made the most money. I know a lot better and richer people in the SEO world than me.
    4/. Your back with the insults again with the real customer line

And as to the comment posted within yours about someone agreeing with you, i am quite happy to have these posts remain. It will just do what this forum is obviously all about - put people down - and offer no real help to those asking.
    You still haven't given us 1 shread of evidence to prove that link wheels do anything for rank. That's the short and tall of it.

You encouraged others to seek your help and advice, well I am doing that.

Tell me how and why they work and please give a few examples of sites using this method.
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page: