Page 5 of 13 First ... 34567 ... Last
  • Jump to page:
  1. Saving 4 a "giant laser"
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

Originally Posted by fathom
    The only reason you may not find anything - you';re not using you imagination.
    I still have a long list of keywords related to my site that I still need to search for...I simply have not gotten around to it. Truth be told, I have only spent 2-3 hours searching so far.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Originally Posted by jwbond
    I still have a long list of keywords related to my site that I still need to search for...I simply have not gotten around to it. Truth be told, I have only spent 2-3 hours searching so far.
    Well, it's been 7 days since the expired domain that I bought transfered to me, and still none of the backlinks are showing up in WMT.

Here's me crying for help:
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

thanx for the great contribution fathom

1. I've found a PR5 domain that's gonna drop. But seemingly none of its backlinks are remained even I look for the sources of cached pages I get from the link: query , also I look at the original current pages, but it has back links in nowhere, how come it has PR5, should I buy it??????

2. I've found an PR6 has 260 backlinks on query and doesn't seem have any real backlink at all , I'm gonna go nuts someone help =D

3.Also I've found another website in JAPANESE PR3 and has great back links, so is it works if i acquire this domain and use for my evil plans? Well not talking about a black hat but just an innocent link from over there because i know the common sense is "a link doesn't hurt", so what do you think?
    Last edited by CyberMad; Mar 25th, 2008 at 02:26 PM.
  7. rod@missionop.com
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Originally Posted by CyberMad
    thanx for the great contribution fathom

1. I've found a PR5 domain that's gonna drop. But seemingly none of its backlinks are remained even I look for the sources of cached pages I get from the link: query , also I look at the original current pages, but it has back links in nowhere, how come it has PR5, should I buy it??????
    If cheap... not much to risk... but obviously PR5 and not a single backlink in anything [Google, Yahoo, Ask - try a metacraler]? ...that's extremely rare so likely just a previous 301 redirect.

2. I've found an PR6 has 260 backlinks on query and doesn't seem have any real backlink at all , I'm gonna go nuts someone help =D
    Check backlink pages, go to source and type in domain name in 'find'... if found check to make sure that it's a genuine link, not Javscript, not nofollow... and look for higher PR pages that provide the links... do this many times

Never buy a domain with only 1 backlink - that one can easily be removed and then none.

High PR domains tend to have lots of history - check archive.org and see what's there...

3.Also I've found another website in JAPANESE PR3 and has great back links, so is it works if i acquire this domain and use for my evil plans? Well not talking about a black hat but just an innocent link from over there because i know the common sense is "a link doesn't hurt", so what do you think?
    Foreign links a cash cows... Google is far less likely to kill them...

I recently picked up fldp.org which was originally a leadership site written in arabic... technically those link are off-topic in English terms but the main concern isn't link relevance - but link history.
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

PR5 : cqmscotland.com
    PR6 : canadadesignweb.com

Well seemed me completely useless, well if someone thinks they work and try to buy them at least a link appreciated XD

Last edited by CyberMad; Mar 26th, 2008 at 07:28 AM.
  11. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Very imformative post. I definitely learned something about expired domains
  13. Saving 4 a "giant laser"

This post has been around for a bit now...has anyone had great success using these methods?
  15. No Profile Picture
    EGOL

Comments from Matt Cutts here on expired domains.. http://www.seo.com/blog/google/matt-cutts-does-domain-roundtable/

They set the PR of the expired domain to zero but if the URLs are redirected I wonder if the old links will count for the new site?
    * "It's not the size of the dog in the fight that matters, it's the size of the fight in the dog." Mark Twain
    * "Free advice isn't worth much. Cheap advice is worth even less." EGOL
  17. rod@missionop.com

Originally Posted by EGOL
    Comments from Matt Cutts here on expired domains.. http://www.seo.com/blog/google/matt-cutts-does-domain-roundtable/

They set the PR of the expired domain to zero but if the URLs are redirected I wonder if the old links will count for the new site?
    There's a key word in there...

Originally Posted by Matt said
    Google tries to reset pagerank/links
    The big differences (in general theory) sure Google can read whois data, and can reset domains - but domains don't expire when the owner doesn't renew, the domain expires when the registrar releases it.

You can be 100% certain that Google "WILL NOT" reset any domain that is picked up within 60 days of the owner's renewal date...

I suspect it is a 50/50 shot if you get it with 90-120 days and reset certainty increasing the farther away you get from the renewal date.

It's also worth noting that the best time to purchase expired (or dropped) domains is immediaterly after a PageRank update (and backlink recounts) and I would say up to 60 days past you are pretty safe bet.

But "nothing is a sure thing" ... if you can't afford to lose gambling away rent money... you can't afford to risk it... it no different here...

Many times though it isn't a Google thing... at godaddy people are bidding on a domain call maximine.com - it's a PR8 and right now bidding is at $255... and the backlinks are "SUPERB"... but you gotta know what you're doing and do your homework - the real PR8 domain is maxamine.com (and it ain't for sale) and maximine.com and this lame *** employee is going to scam 'cash out of someone because they think they're getting a PR8 STEAL.
    Last edited by fathom; May 13th, 2008 at 03:39 PM.
  19. from the horses mouth
    SEO Chat Hero (2000 - 2499 posts)

at godaddy people are bidding on a domain call maximine.com - it's a PR8 and right now bidding is at $255... and the backlinks are "SUPERB"... but you gotta know what you're doing and do your homework - the real PR8 domain is maxamine.com (and it ain't for sale) and maximine.com and this lame *** employee is going to scam 'cash out of someone because they think they're getting a PR8 STEAL.
    How do you work this out?
  21. rod@missionop.com

Originally Posted by channel5
    How do you work this out?
    Not sure I follow your question?

If it's 'how'd I work out the details'....

It starts with backlinks in "code" since the visible can be deceiving (do a search/find using only domain & extension), always check whois, and attempt to determine domain history on archive.org.

Then it's google searches for public statement of the players (company anmes and associated people)... you'll never find a PR8 domain that doesn't have volumes of public statements.

In general though, the higher the price tag, the more research you MUST do to ensure you don't acquire... a domain-dungpile... check, double-check, and triple-check your findings are accurate.
    Last edited by fathom; Apr 23rd, 2008 at 06:41 AM.
  23. rod@missionop.com

This post has been around for a bit now...has anyone had great success using these methods?
    ...that's like:

Hey guys SEO has been around for awhile - anyone having great success with it?

Or

Hey guys advertising has been around for awhile - anyone having great success with it?

Or

Hey guys promotions has been around for awhile - anyone having great success with it?

...due deligence is what makes anything "pay off"... not the tip.
  25. rod@missionop.com

...that's like:

Or

Hey guys advertising has been around for awhile - anyone having great success with it?

Or

Hey guys promotions has been around for awhile - anyone having great success with it?

Case-in-point... if you learn "EVERYTHING about link exchange"... it does work and work well and you can make a site rank extremely well with just 'link exchange'... but you can't do it hap-harzard-like.
  27. SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

most of us I think got some success on all of it!Why did you ask?
  29. Saving 4 a "giant laser"

...that's like:

Or

Or

Case-in-point... if you learn "EVERYTHING about link exchange"... it does work and work well and you can make a site rank extremely well with just 'link exchange'... but you can't do it hap-harzard-like.
    Not quite. Perhaps you misinterpreted my inquiry. Let me clarify.

I was wondering if people have actually been finding domains and sucessfully redirecting the links.

Have the people using this technique seen the redirected links in their Google webmaster tools?

Originally Posted by full house
    most of us I think got some success on all of it!Why did you ask?
    Because I spent hours searching for domains, but found nothing. I have since decided that my time is better spent creating valuable content.

I just wanted to see what others experiences were.
Page 5 of 13 First ... 34567 ... Last
  • Jump to page:

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo