1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Which Link Building Campaign Would You Choose?

Let's say you have a website that has 500 pages, is 3 years old, home page is a PR6, and has a few keyword phrases on the first page of Google search results. (But none of your big traffic keywords are on page 1.) Your research says you need more links in general and certainly more using your top keyword phrases. You want to do a link building campaign and have two proposals in front of you that cost the SAME PER MONTH. Both SEM firms seem to understand how to build links, the importance of anchor text, etc. Which one would you choose? A or B?

A-
    5 to 7 links per month from authority sites. The links would come from minimum PR6 pages and content related to your site. Examples might be About.com, sub page on CNN.com, Adweek.com and a Green Day blog.

B-
    15 submissions per month to good, related directories PR3 or better
    4 or 5 articles & press releases per month, written & distributed to quality directories
    10-20 bookmarks on a few social media sites every month (Digg, Delicious, Furl, Netscape, etc.)
    20-30 intelligent comments or posts on blogs every month
    2 or 3 links per month from .edu or .gov sites
    2 or 3 links per month from authority blogs or sites where home page is PR5 or better

Which would you choose? Thanks for playing!
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I will definately do both, starting the first month with B) then the month after A) etc etc... And if I had only one to choose, it will be B) because I think it will get you traffic and good SE backlinks.

Comments on this post

• EGOL agrees : Attack on BOTH fronts from the start.
  5. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

any way that can help your site on SERPs is important.
  7. No Profile Picture

B definitely gets more quality links, but it is difficult to acheive unless you work at it as a full time job.

What i would like to know, being that i'm an SEO newbie, is what is a good sound strategy that can be carried out in 2 hours or less a day dedicated time?

9. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Originally Posted by adm78
    B definitely gets more quality links, but it is difficult to acheive unless you work at it as a full time job.

What i would like to know, being that i'm an SEO newbie, is what is a good sound strategy that can be carried out in 2 hours or less a day dedicated time?
    Definitely B.
    A sound strategy which has worked for me is to be active in forums networking with people around the world. This obviously all depends what services you are offering on your site. I think if you base your marketing around the different online communities then in time you will find a steady flow of TARGETED traffic through your site. Answer questions wherever possible and always ensure to leave a link to your website as a source of info. i.e. Yahoo! Answers. Another good networking site is myspace.com, I haven't really received direct work from there but I have networked with people which bring work later on... Kinda like online word of mouth!