Thread: Link Building

1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Link Building

Hello Everybody

I want to know that why webmaters is not responding about link building requests.
    have Google changes any link building rules?

Please solve my problem
  3. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Hero (2000 - 2499 posts)

Originally Posted by biztech
    Hello Everybody

I want to know that why webmaters is not responding about link building requests.

Please solve my problem
    1. Value of reciprocal link exchange is low.

2. Many webmasters don't want to build links with other sites until they are highly valuable and relevant or they have good PR where the site is going to be placed.

3. Many people send link request mail randomly to people and other people consider those as spam.

4. Sometimes people want to do 3 way link exchange with other sites and other sites don't want that.
  5. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Super Hero (2500 - 2999 posts)

Plus, as new_seo intimated, most of those backlink requests are STILL being generated by seo apps...standard boilerplate emails that end up caught in spam filters or simply deleted by webmasters as spam.

NOTHING will turn off a chance at a backlink quicker, than such an unpersonal, obviously written boilderplate email request.

MAKE them personal. Talk to the webmaster like it's a sale - which it is, eh?? -- and make it totally a request that the webmaster will NOT be able to ignore....to get him/her to go to your site to look it over and judge by your on-page content and channel authority....and create the TRUST that is needed to acquire such a backlink.

ALL else is futile...."gee, I sent out 200 emails requesting backlinks and didn't even get an answer..." is what we hear about all the time....because such tactics are now not viable in todays internet......

Read here. Learn. Check out the stickies and the sigs of many of our long time members.....

:-)

Jim
    Jim Rudnick
    MCSD
    Canadian SEO

Twitter: @JVRudnick

read. learn. hypothesize. test. analyze...then rank!

7. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by new_seo
    1. Value of reciprocal link exchange is low.

2. Many webmasters don't want to build links with other sites until they are highly valuable and relevant or they have good PR where the site is going to be placed.

3. Many people send link request mail randomly to people and other people consider those as spam.

4. Sometimes people want to do 3 way link exchange with other sites and other sites don't want that.
    Thanks a lot
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

I can only tell you the top reasons I delete link exchange requests without responding (note that I accept some).

1. ESL - If I see a link request and it is obviously written by someone who does not speak English it is an auto-delete. I don't have time to weed out all the spam I get from overseas 'SEO' companies. - The request should be well written.

2. Blatant boilerplate link request - Unless something peaks my interest form requests get deleted. And no putting 'I visited your site' in your template does not convince me you did. - The request should be specific to ME.

3. Not relevant - Let's say my site is about car rentals... send me a request to link to a site about bird cages... instant delete. - Approach relevant sites.

4. 3 way link from a link farm - Most 3 way link requests I get offer a link from a giant link far, what Google would consider a bad neighborhood at best. If I don't want the inbound link I am going to just delete the email. - Offer a link worth having.

5. Crappy site - I will not link for any reason to a bad site. If my customers click the link it reflects badly on me and worse, Google could penalize me. - Your site must be indexed by Google and must have some content that my customers might be interested in. It must also look professional.

6. Site has too many links or irrelevant links. - If you are offering a link from your site and your links page has hundreds of links or links to unrelated sites I will not risk linking to you as Google could decide at any time that you are trying to spam their results. If YOUR site is about car rentals don't link to sites about bird cages. - Again offer a link worth having.

Just a few thoughts.
  11. No Profile Picture

Try multiple contact methods

I agree with the point that reciprocal linking is a weak approach. It's much better to have awesome content that you can say is "the only" the "first" the "largest" or something similar of its kind.

But another reason it may not be working is email. Try Twitter (use Twellow to search), connect via Linkedin, a phone call, or even a handwritten postcard.

It's all about having something compelling to pitch, and doing it in a very personal way.

The big challenge is keeping track of it, which is where BuzzStream for Link Building helps (Google it). It's a free CRM for link building and backlink monitor, up to 25 contacts. Eric Ward is an advisor.
  13. Angel down from Heaven
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

Originally Posted by biztech
    Hello Everybody

Please solve my problem
    Link exchange request is a waste of time. Most of webmasters now are not accepting link exchange.
  15. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I Agree with Janna