1. No Profile Picture

Question Identifying Bad Links

I use Ahrefs and one of my clients has many more links than its competitors, but ranks much lower. I think it is because a lot of their backlinks are "bad links" and I need to put a disavow file together and submit it to Google.

My only problem is that I'm nervous about submitting site's that are actually okay, and making my client's rank even worse. A lot of the links are from random blogspot blogs, and they look super sketchy.

Any tips or guidelines for knowing which sites you should disavow, and which you should leave alone?

Thank you in advance to anyone who contributes.
  3. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Bump

Dealing with a similar issue, I'm using SEMrush tools. Any help from someone with more SEO experience would be appreciated.
  5. No Profile Picture

I suggest first of all collects all backlinks from Ahref after you can arrange all links high,medium and low quality category,check all category sites and see which are not found,not open and low quality site with low page rank,DA& PA - these types of sites are add into disavow..
  7. No Profile Picture

I deal with this a lot too, but I'm wondering if there are any other tools to do a background check on these linking sites. It seems like SEM rush is the only tool out there to check links. I don't want to go too disavow crazy.
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

Originally Posted by rmartin93
    A lot of the links are from random blogspot blogs, and they look super sketchy.
    That's the caveat of the disavow file, you may in fact include a good site and lose some PR, but if the sites look "super sketchy", they probably are.

pvirravi1116 made some good suggestions, but do not rely upon DA or PA, they are a Moz metrics of how easy a domain or page will rank for a given term. High DA and PA sites can and will push down the DA and PA of other Lower DA and PA sites. It isn't a Google Metric so in my opinion it's not a good metric.

Originally Posted by ceas
    It seems like SEM rush is the only tool out there to check links
    There are lots of tools out there for checking backlinks,

Here is just one.... (it's free too ) rmartin93 and ceas, you two should go try the tool.
    webmeup.com

As a general rule tho, site wide links are not so good an idea, These are links that are frequently in the footer of each page of a website. Then getting links from sites in a foreign language is also not a good idea, The list goes on and on.
    Last edited by KnowOneSpecial; Jun 4th, 2017 at 05:53 PM. Reason: spelling correction
  11. Entrepreneur
    SEO Chat Scholar (3000 - 3499 posts)

Martin please read BackLinks Filtering Process How to do This I believe it will help
    You do your business I do mine because you are you and I am I If we meet it is nice.
  13. No Profile Picture

Ahrefs is the best if we are speaking about bad backlinks, on my mind. I have no doubt about it.