1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Smile I need some link building advise

I'm always weary of link building tactics and if in the long run they create any value or actually end up hurting you. With that said, we sub out our link building to a company that builds 20 links a month for our 60 clients. I pay them about $149.00 per account. I see slight movement in a positive direction but not sure if its worth the money or time.

Any thoughts?

Dean
  3. No Profile Picture

Buying links is a terrible long term strategy. It can get you some positive gains short term, but once Google catches you, it will be extremely difficult and expensive to dig your way out. If it's a paid link it probably won't look natural to Google. If it doesn't look natural to Google, best case scenario you get no credit for it; worst case scenario your site takes a huge hit.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Some questions to consider:
    How are they building links? As DetectiveKimble suggests paying for links is not a good strategy. So, are the people you are paying writing guest blog posts, writing blog comments, submitting your site to quality relevant directories and getting you quality links? What are their strategies? If you didn't pay them to do it would you have the time to do it yourself or would it cost you less to pay someone on staff to do it? Link building takes a lot of time and results take time to see.
  7. SEO Consultant
    SEO Chat High Scholar (3500 - 3999 posts)

You're paying enough to hurt for the money and not enough to get results.

Comments on this post

• Test-ok agrees : Yep...that's it.
    www.V2INTERACTIVE.net - SEO Web Design | On-Page SEO | SEO Audits & Reports | Link Building
    BASED IN ATLANTA, GA. Contact: Skype/Phone/Email (Discounted rates available for SEOChat members only - email seochat@v2interactive.net)
    Please EMAIL me at the above address and do not send Private Messages. I rarely check them and your message will be lost.
  9. No Profile Picture

PDF submission, One article posting at once a time in only on article site, S.B. of your approved article link and Web 2.0 activity.
  11. No Profile Picture

I would ask for a detailed backlink report for each client so you can see the quality of the backlinks and their strategy. If they don't provide you with a backlink report, then they probably have something to hide. Any legit link building service will sent you a detailed backlink report for your review. The other thing is the price. $149 for 20 links seems pretty steep. Also keep in mind, seeing results can take time. For keywords with low competition, you could see an improvement within 30 days, but if the competition is high, it could take months. I have used Linkfool.com for my sites and I have been very happy with them. None of my sites have been affected by any of the Google updates, so that is even better. Like I said earlier, don't be afraid to ask your current link building service for a detailed report. That should give you a good idea of what they are doing, or not doing...

Good Luck!
  13. No Profile Picture
    Banned

What type of links you are getting from those, did you check anytime link building report and noticed what type of links they are createing. Those are quality links or not.
  15. SEO Since 97
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

I agree with Joshz
    20 links a month for 60 clients @ $149.00 per account.
    is that 20 links per client?
    if so that's about $7 per link.
    Do the links have any authority, if not your more than likely not seeing any positive gain and at $7 per link I doubt they have any authority.
    Sounds like you need a better link builder.
  17. No Profile Picture

i think it so many amount to pay for link building, i hope you would take a better policy for that