Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page:
  1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Free $197 Link Management Assistant - Beta Testing

I'm sorry but this request for help is being removed. Feel free to delete the entire thread moderators.

I did not want this turned into a discussion over non-existant pricing issues, nor getting totally off topic.

Duncan Carver
    Last edited by duncancarver; Aug 8th, 2004 at 08:06 PM.
  3. Master of the cave
    SEO Chat Skiller (1500 - 1999 posts)

So, what this thing does, is clone DMOZ, or any part of it, and then let people add a link?

Interesting... I think I'll give it a try... but I don't understand how do I get a beta copy

For the categories you downloaded and are using as a demo, how many mb are they in size? I have no idea of how big a category might be on DMOZ, but I'm sure it must be hundreds of megas in size...
    Need some free backlinks for your site? Check this out!
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Hi Fryman,

No offence but if you can't figure out how to get the beta copy from the above information, then you probably shouldn't be beta testing and just wait for the final release (probably 2-3 days away max).

The database size for the Football demo directory is all of 1.5 mb big. No kidding. If you find the top level PET directory in DMOZ you'll see how large the section is. I did a test there too and that entire section is all of 6 mb big.

The DMOZ import feature is entirely optional. You don't have to use that if you don't want to and just create your own directory structure etc to manage your "links" directory. It's just a nice way to pack it out and make it look lived in, oh yeah... and add thousands of pages of keyword rich, relevant pages to your site.

Best...

Duncan
  7. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Thumbs up

I filled out the form for download info - I am looking forward to beta testing it - sounds great

Gina
  9. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

Originally Posted by duncancarver
    Hi Fryman,

No offence but if you can't figure out how to get the beta copy from the above information, then you probably shouldn't be beta testing and just wait for the final release (probably 2-3 days away max).

The database size for the Football demo directory is all of 1.5 mb big. No kidding. If you find the top level PET directory in DMOZ you'll see how large the section is. I did a test there too and that entire section is all of 6 mb big.

The DMOZ import feature is entirely optional. You don't have to use that if you don't want to and just create your own directory structure etc to manage your "links" directory. It's just a nice way to pack it out and make it look lived in, oh yeah... and add thousands of pages of keyword rich, relevant pages to your site.

Best...

Duncan
    But if he is not BETA testing it, it will cost fryman $197?

I have not tried it yet, but will soon. I think the price is stupid.

Dont get offended by that, i have not tried it yet, but seems to be like most other software do these days by just cloning DMOZ.

I will try it and best of luck ;)

Dan

p.s. how long it take for you to do this? I could help you make a lot of money..PM me
  11. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Hi Gina / Dan,

Gina, if you filled out the form on the main description page you're only going to receive notification when the final version is released. If you want to beta test, then please read the information here.

Dan, the software is always going to remain free (there is a small byline added to the directory pages like on phpbb forums), however I will probably release a registered version at that price of $197 if people want to remove that. It's very unobtrusive but some people might. If you think that price is stupid I don't see how you would have the knowledge to "make me a lot of money".

Some people just have no respect. If you only knew the amount of work I have put into this, and the programmer, and the feature set it has in comparison to other link management scripts, and the fact that it is all going to be on a continual basis providing support etc. you would understand this is an extremely fair price, but again... there will always be the free fully functional version.

Please also everyone remember this is primarily a totally automated link management script to save you hours each week manually managing your strategic link partners. The DMOZ import feature was simply an additional feature I decided to include, however that is NOT its primary function. The benefit of that is that it allows you to make your "mini website directory", where you'll keep your reciprocal link partners, look "lived in" and potential partners will be more inclined to submit their website. Particularly as you then have the ability to place them “at the top” of all other “existing” listings termed "premium".

Best...

Duncan Carver
  13. No Profile Picture
    Honesty is my only excuse

I'll try it out

maybe I can combine it with my link directory

I made a php/mysql link dir that supports trading with multiple sites in multiple locations at the same time

also supports tradin with multiple sites on multiple sites at once

I used it on http://www.travelpromote.us/addsite.php
  15. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I just found and installed a quick DMOZ cloner based in ASP, it seems as if there is a pile of free versions of this type of software around. So no, i don't think Duncan is trying to say that component is worth $197..

A question though, how does it really work with this DMOZ cloning stuff, I now basically have a 'virtual' DMOZ hosted on my site. Once the googebot gets in there, is it really going to believe that all this content 'comes' from my site? On my site, I have selected to display DMOZ sub-topics related only to my theme, but once you go into the sub-page you basically can branch off into the entire DMOZ directory, pulled up in realtime in my page.. i.e. www mydomain.com/cat.asp?/Regional/Europe/

In a more general instance, if you programmed a similiar script to extract content from other websites/directories and display it as if it was your own, wouldn't this cause a huge problem for SE's in terms of sorting out original content. I guess there is a limited number of large sources of 'freely piratable' material like the DMOZ, so is it possible google has an algo that detects cloning and slaps it back?

Hi Gina / Dan,
    Please also everyone remember this is primarily a totally automated link management script to save you hours each week manually managing your strategic link partners. The DMOZ import feature was simply an additional feature I decided to include, however that is NOT its primary function. The benefit of that is that it allows you to make your "mini website directory", where you'll keep your reciprocal link partners, look "lived in" and potential partners will be more inclined to submit their website. Particularly as you then have the ability to place them “at the top” of all other “existing” listings termed "premium".

Best...

Duncan Carver
  17. No Profile Picture
    Honesty is my only excuse

19. No Profile Picture

Hi Gina / Dan,

Gina, if you filled out the form on the main description page you're only going to receive notification when the final version is released. If you want to beta test, then please read the information here.

Dan, the software is always going to remain free (there is a small byline added to the directory pages like on phpbb forums), however I will probably release a registered version at that price of $197 if people want to remove that. It's very unobtrusive but some people might. If you think that price is stupid I don't see how you would have the knowledge to "make me a lot of money".

Some people just have no respect. If you only knew the amount of work I have put into this, and the programmer, and the feature set it has in comparison to other link management scripts, and the fact that it is all going to be on a continual basis providing support etc. you would understand this is an extremely fair price, but again... there will always be the free fully functional version.

Best...

Duncan Carver
    Sounds kool, you seem offended, the idea of moving that for a fee sounds a great idea.

I have respect for every individual on this forum (apart from people asking for gmail accounts ) you weren't showing me any respect on the above quoted message.

You never released that information previously on original message so it seemed that they werent going to be a free version. My point was loads of people doing simular scripts for free werent going to buy it. Yes there is a simular commercial version which is $120 and half the features. The $197 price tag wasnt going to flood you with customers $139 would, you would actually make more money by selling more of them at $139 then selling them at $197.

A simple misunderstanding...

Dan

p.s. as a programmer and businessman i know how hard it is. I dont know why you have the cheek to question my expert knowledge in these fields. I still think the $197 price tag is stupid ;) FREE version is gd though
  21. Master of the cave
    SEO Chat Skiller (1500 - 1999 posts)

I agree with ih8google. Did you flip a coin to decide your price?? Who would pay that for this kind of script? I could go to scriptlance and have one custom made for less than $50.
  23. Contributing User

New script???...or lapdance?...new script? or laaap dannce?

Decisions are so hard.
    My Name is Balthazar and I approve this sig...

Want to advertise, call my expert website promotion company for help.
    See how I eliminated 50,000 in credit card debt in 6 months without consolidation.

The Ultimate Non-Reciprocal Link Exchange Stop buying expensive links!
  25. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by balthazar
    New script???...or lapdance?...new script? or laaap dannce?

Decisions are so hard.
    lol

Dan

p.s. I dont understand still how you can have a FREE $197 product :S. Its either FREE or $197.
    Reminds me of to many scams on sites like eBay....$10,000 worth of software for only £50 hmm, dont think so some how.
    Last edited by ih8google; Aug 8th, 2004 at 12:47 PM. Reason: something to do...lol
  27. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I'm downloading the beta now to have a look. From the looks though this has the EXACT features i've been wanting in my automotive directory. The links are real so they count as backlinks, the directory uses search friendly url's, and it imports from DMOZ. Good work o nthis project thus far!
  29. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Um, I tried to download it and it told me 'The program is not ready yet we will mail you when it's out'. Great, thanks for stealing my email addy!

Originally Posted by 1EightT
    I'm downloading the beta now to have a look. From the looks though this has the EXACT features i've been wanting in my automotive directory. The links are real so they count as backlinks, the directory uses search friendly url's, and it imports from DMOZ. Good work o nthis project thus far!
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page: