1. Since 1984
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Example of a Bad Automated Link Exchange

Below in blue is a chain of emails sent over the last 2 weeks from a link exchanger who uses those nasty automated link exchange platforms.. It doesnt bode well for him:

Dear*Webmaster,

I recently came across your site: http://www.endo*****-po****.co.uk

And I appreciate the site. You have an excellent site and we would be delighted to exchange link with your site. My below mentioned website is similar to yours and I think that the content of your website could be of interest to our visitors. One-way link is the best way to promote our sites.

Your link will be placed at: www.*******.co.uk
    You are requested to give a link back to my following other site: www.*******-****-******.co.uk

The Linking Information is as follows:-
    URL: http://www.*******-****-******.co.uk/
    Title: Debt Consolidation
    Description: Apply online for secured and unsecured debt consolidation loan at cheap interest rates and easy terms regardless of bad credit history in UK.

Please feel free to contact for any clarifications at the below mentioned email id.

Regards,
    Webmaster
    fred.mathew@*****.com or
    webmaster@*******-****-******.co.uk

Note: In the event you are not interested for 3 way link exchange, we can also go for recirocal linking with your site, as it will mutually benefit us to increase traffic and rankings.

Hello Webmaster Fred.Mathew,

I imagine that email was an automatically generated email! They stand out a mile!

I will partake in a 3 way link though none the less, but in future it is advised that a personalized email is far more effective and credible.

Here is the link details for www.Endo*****-Po****.co.uk;

Endowment Policy
    Sell your endowment policy with the policy people you can trust and why not see how much you could claim if you were miss sold your policy! Hundreds of thousands of people are so why not see for yourself.

Your link has been placed on this URL: http://www.endo*****-po****.co.uk/finance3.html

Let me know as soon as my link has been added and the page it is on, so I can include it in the system. If I donít hear back within 7 days of now, your link will be removed.

All the best, and good luck.

Leo

Sorry your page is not cached

And your point is? You really donít understand the whole links thing do youÖ

Shame, not to worry! Your link has been removed!

Good day!

REPLY (now he gets shirty)

Hey listen
    Have you ever checked your page?

I had just asked you to add my link on a page having some PR or cached in Google and not your comments.
    And I know very well what I am doing.

Thanks for removing links as I have no intention to have my links listed on these kinda pages.

Best of luck with your sites

God bless you
    hahahaha

Fred

You are very much mistaken!

Read down, you never requested that your link was to be on a cached or Ranked page..

A site like this carries weight, I created you your OWN links page for you, so you werenít at the bottom of a pile of other links, but that obviously doesnít meet your Ďstandardsí.

That page will be cached within no time.

When you do links, are you linking for the Backlink, or for the traffic??? Either way, I donít think you have a clue what-so-ever!

I donít need luck with my sites, luck isnít a factor! What I need is an offshore bank account to hide my piles of cash in, but luckily I have an offshore banking site too, so everyones a winner!

Byeeeeeee!

Now I thought that was it, but to boot, this morning i got this

Hello Dear,
    Oh no, whats he called me?

I recently came across your site: http://www.endo*****-po****.co.uk

And I appreciate the site. You have an excellent site and we would be delighted to exchange link with your site. My below mentioned website is similar to yours and I think that the content of your website could be of interest to our visitors. One-way link is the best way to promote our sites.

Your link will be placed at: www.uk-******-loans.co.uk
    You are requested to give a link back to my following other site: http://www.easy-*****-shop.co.uk
    The Linking Information is as follows:
    URL: http://www.easy-*****-shop.co.uk
    Title: Secured Personal Loan
    Description: Helping you to get secured personal loan, unsecured personal loan and low rate personal loan from the best online loan lenders irrespective of your bad credit history in UK.

Please feel free to contact for any clarifications at the below mentioned email id.

Regards,
    Webmaster
    fred.mathew@*****.com or
    webmaster@easy-*****-shop.co.uk

Note: In the event you are not interested for 3 way link exchange, we can also go for recirocal linking with your site, as it will mutually benefit us to increase traffic and rankings.

A: You asked me this last week
    B: Iíve said it before and I say it again, DO NOT use automated programs, you will only get back rubbish links
    C: I am not your Dear! A small bit of advice, calling Men you donít know Dear can really upset the balance in a linking relationshipÖ.!!!

I know this is not very interesting stuff, well, not to the masses anyway, but its just goes to show, those of you whom use automated link exchange and email protocals, you are on a slippery slope
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

MrLeroy......there is some fun to be had in all the pressure of seo.

Great post.

I think this guy is stuck in his small bedroom somewhere. His mum will call him soon for his dinner
  5. Since 1984

Smile

Is emails like this that keep me going, I swear! My job is the most mundane of all SEO jobs, so its people like Fred that makes it all worthwhile!
  7. SEO Consultant
    SEO Chat Genius (4000 - 4499 posts)

Haha, nice post

Its like the "security notices" you get from the banks - yet you don't have an account with Hmmm.

I think the more people that reply to these and the more time that is wasted of these people the less inclined they will be.

Usualy these automated linking programs pick sites that are completely un related anyway!
  9. Since 1984

Originally Posted by tstolber
    Haha, nice post

Its like the "security notices" you get from the banks - yet you don't have an account with Hmmm.
    I get these daily from Barclays and Ebay.

the only bank i dont have an account with is Barclays, Way To Go spam-monkeys!

As for eBay, i think so far i have sent over 100 emails to spoof@ebay.co.uk and continue to on a regular basis. every single one comes back unrecognised by the Bay of 'e'.
  11. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

why work so hard when you can use things like digital pnt coop or <my site>?
    Last edited by brandall; May 29th, 2006 at 10:03 AM. Reason: self promo
  13. rod@missionop.com
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Originally Posted by 123SEO101
    why work so hard when you can use
    Seriously... you didn't read the thread or you would have understood that receiving an email -- isn't much work.

You are merely plugging yourself and the appearance [to me anyway] you are pretending NOT to be the owner.

Comments on this post

• MrLeroy agrees