1. No Profile Picture
    ppcguy.net
    SEO Chat Skiller (1500 - 1999 posts)

true - i removed that comment because im going to try and make the site. lol

Think about it, if you saw that site you would tell your friends and they'd look at it because it's pretty unbelievable and especially controversial to people who are animal lovers. Don't you think?
  3. No Profile Picture
    No SEO in New SEO
    SEO Chat Super Hero (2500 - 2999 posts)

Find out some industrial controversy and publish on your website.
    Some times it helps great
    Last edited by Prof.stan; Feb 2nd, 2009 at 12:04 AM.
    You do your business I do mine, because you are you and I am I, If we meet it is nice.
    Starting a SEO Company | Some SEO Tips
  5. No Profile Picture
    ppcguy.net
    SEO Chat Skiller (1500 - 1999 posts)

A controversy regarding the fact that CJD is being covered up by alzheimers disease ? Just an idea...What do you think...? Wack adsense on it.

Comments on this post

• Traffic-Bug : doesnt make sense - off topic
  7. Dancin with the devil
    SEO Chat Hero (2000 - 2499 posts)

seogoat, just keep us (me) advised on your progress and success for that site. I would love to see the feedback.
  9. Roll the dice.. and live
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Originally Posted by terriwells
    To create a good link bait idea, you need to know what kinds of things the people you're targeting will link to. .... Once you have the ideas, fleshing them out and creating them is (or at least can be) a separate process.
    This really is the answer to the other members questions posted so far. I personally belive it is link profile rather then the individual links that matter. Create bait that will allow you to devlop a relivent link profile to your general theme and then devlelop relivent pages to milk the profile and get the traffic.

In regard to me and my bait. It has been largely interacting on this forum that has given me the ideas to devlop bait. Once an understanding is gained of the logic behind SE algo it is possible to come up with ideas that will allow you to manipulate them.

But people you must remember memebrs here are willing to share their knowledge but will allways be hesitant to give away their secrets.

If i chose to work in SEO link baiting idea devlopment would be the speciality field I would choose to sell my services in. This to me is the biggest potential gold mine in SEO. Note: I would not work at creating the bait just managing the appropiate team to do it. The opportunities to develop 'best on the web' on the internat are almost as vast as the internet itself...

Good luck my friends...
    Live the moment
  11. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Unhappy How to market ?

Gentle man, i have a question, I planned my objective, gathered information and analyzed it and then published a post in my blog. the post is about Top 9 Amazing photography of Snakes . but i didn't received as much as traffic as i expected. When talking about link baiting is there any thing we need to do for publishing our content other than social bookmarking, stumbling upon etc. ?
    I wonder how people get to know and make a site top with in a day? how is that possible? just adding to social bookmarking, reviewing in stumble upon is enough?
    Im doing social bookmarking and do thumbs up in stumble upon still my post is not at the notable page. what shall i do ? please explain a little more about publishing our quality content.

NOTE:You can check this page to know really the post is viral or not which i believe its great post lol. ultraoli.info/2009/02/9-amazing-snakes-photography.html
    Last edited by stbalaji2u; Feb 9th, 2009 at 05:15 AM. Reason: adding link
  13. Dancin with the devil

Your first misconception is thinking that a site gets to the top within a day. Is it possible? I highly doubt it but the way it happens is by building links to the site. Set realistic goals for yourself and your site. Setting unachievable goals will only discourage you down the road.

Not every article or all content you write will be appealing or amazing, despite how much planning, research, etc. you put into it. You are on the right path of gathering information and creating a plan before you start writing so keep that up. As Egol has said, try finding out who would possibly link to your article before you write it.

The reason your article may not be as successful as you want it b/c it may not be appealing to the visitors viewing it for a number of reasons. Perhaps you can try something to get visitors to comment or provide feedback so you can see what people are interested in or not interested in. There can be countless reasons for its lack of success. Poor quality pictures, poor optimization of the article and site, etc. (i did not look at your site)

As for building more links to the article, try looking for similar, relevant sites and try getting links from them. Perhaps a direct, specific email to the webmaster may yield a link if they think your article is of interest and their visitors would be too.

It takes quite a bit and fairly specific content to make an impact on the social marketing scene. With all the politics, breaking sports news and athletes cheating the system, you'd have to write some overly amazing article for it to stick to these sites.
  15. No Profile Picture

Thumbs up

So the summary is Writing Wow Articles, requesting link from more specific webmasters, and to wait for the article to be popular. isn't it! Thanks for the explanation mate .
    Last edited by stbalaji2u; Feb 9th, 2009 at 11:15 AM.
  17. Dancin with the devil

You are not limited to only the ways I mentioned. There are more ways to do get links but I would suggest you take a look around the forum some more and if getting links is your primary concern, check out the Link Building forum. Lots of great info in there.

In order for your content to catch wind and spread your content has to be unique and cannot be found anywhere else. Be an industry leader in your field. Based on your comment about snake photography, find pictures of rare snakes or snakes that have never been seen before and post them on your site. (make sure you optimize your images as well to hopefully get traffic through Photo searches).

The OP has a great plan. Follow it and i'm sure you'll find success.
  19. No Profile Picture

Hmm, thanks dear, but please tell how we can start making others talk about our site? do we need to do any viral marketing, to be frank i dont have much economic budget, may be $5 to $10 a month is all i can spend for this.
  21. No Profile Picture

jokes are the best link baits 8) , like chuck the seo rapper

Comments on this post

• Lb1878 agrees : Although "best" is a strong word, this is a great example of link bait.
  23. No Profile Picture

ummm that is a very complicated way to put it remember keep it simple st...... i am just learning about link baiting and it can be a very easy way to stir the pot in order to cause a public outrage , depending on subject you choose.
  25. No Profile Picture

True if theres a link there is the potencial to bait some poor bugger..ok i may have a different meaning concerning link bait from you own...

Link bait to me is when someone says that a certain site on the web is just a plain ripp off and this starts the ball rolling.

The benifit of this method is the comments that can come flooding in from users of that site sayings its legitimate after it has just been dished...which brings original content through comments which will more likely have your own keywords aswell and this is what the serps love...
  27. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

I hope I havent asked you this before, but....

I have been working hard on 4 pieces of linkbait for my site...

They are all free download... an ebook, graphics and other resources... other than using "socialmarker"... I am not quite sure how I should go about promoting them!

Can you give me any advice in this area... I don't want them to get "lost" online, after I have worked so hard on them!
  29. Roll the dice.. and live
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Originally Posted by i24designs
    I hope I havent asked you this before, but....

I have been working hard on 4 pieces of linkbait for my site...

They are all free download... an ebook, graphics and other resources... other than using "socialmarker"... I am not quite sure how I should go about promoting them!

Can you give me any advice in this area... I don't want them to get "lost" online, after I have worked so hard on them!
    One method is to check out sites that link to other peoples resources of this type. Then write a personlised email to the webmasters telling them about your great resource (make sure you have an email opt out option to avoid a spam complaint) and which page of their site you think would be appropiate for a link to your resources.

Good luck