1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Backlink question

Hey guys. Just some questions about backlinks I'm trying to interlink some of the blogs that I owe together. Thanks very much in advance
    1) Does it matter where you put the links in the blog i.e. in the sidebar/footer/ post content?
    2) Are deep links to individual posts more effective than links to a domain?
    3) Is it advisable to put multiple links to the same blog or just use one link to each blog?
  3. Angel down from Heaven
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

Originally Posted by dmhf
    Hey guys. Just some questions about backlinks I'm trying to interlink some of the blogs that I owe together. Thanks very much in advance
    1) Does it matter where you put the links in the blog i.e. in the sidebar/footer/ post content?
    3) Is it advisable to put multiple links to the same blog or just use one link to each blog?
    Answer

1) I think putting the links on content would be better. Make sure to use keywords on the content and use it as anchor text link.
    2) If you can see related post within your blog it would be better to post the links of related post using the targeted keywords.
    3) If you're going to put the links on the sidebar just put one link for each blog.
    Last edited by Janna122003; Jul 28th, 2009 at 03:31 AM.
  5. Super Moderator
    SEO Chat Genius (4000 - 4499 posts)

The relevance and quality of a link also depends on the content surrounding the link

For example..a link to a car parts site from within an article on diabetes is of far less quality than the same link within an article on car repairing/ parts etc

Contextual relevance is an important aspect of building quality links.

Yes, deep links help to keep multi level deep pages out of the Google supplemental index resulting in more pages appearing in search results, more traffic and more sales.

Yes and No, if you can find phrases that has relevance to internal pages of the same blog...go ahead and link them. So it's a YES!

But also beware that every additional link you add to a page dilutes the overall juice every individual link receives...lesser number of links mean higher amount of juice that each link receives....so make sure not to go overboard with it...else a NO!

Comments on this post

• michaelj72 agrees : thanks for the clarification/advice
    • fathom agrees

SEO FAQs - You might find your answer here.
    SEOchat Forum Rules - Read Before You Post