1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Article back links

I have 15 new articles to submit to article sites that I hope will build traffic for my site and create back links. So far I have submitted all 15 to 4 article sites submitting 15 per site. This has proven to be easier to do and keep track of than submitting one to each site. I was hoping that created 60 back links but would it have been better to submit 1 article to 60 different sites. Does it create the same number of back links either way you do it? How long before these back links
    help my site?
  3. No Profile Picture
    Banned

I learned this the hard way...

The problem with the article depositories is that the page with your link on it will have zero importance within a few days. It is likely that the page that does have importance may only have your headline, and not the byline that carries your link.

The other problem is that, even if the article gets picked up, most content sites have a way of cycling content so that the old stuff is archived. After a few weeks or months, your article will be so buried, that the pages carrying your links will have zero importance. This is especially true of all the blog and forum platforms.

I learned this the hard way. I wrote a series of 10 articles in December of last year and used an article submission service. When I would query the SE's with my article title in quotes, I saw upwards of 4,000 entries. However, when I searched within those results for my links, the number dropped to a few dozen. By 90 days later, there were fewer than a dozen sites carrying both the headline AND article WITH LINK. So, the SEO benefit was virtually nothing.

Live and learn.

Originally Posted by alwayslearning1
    I have 15 new articles to submit to article sites that I hope will build traffic for my site and create back links. So far I have submitted all 15 to 4 article sites submitting 15 per site. This has proven to be easier to do and keep track of than submitting one to each site. I was hoping that created 60 back links but would it have been better to submit 1 article to 60 different sites. Does it create the same number of back links either way you do it? How long before these back links
    help my site?
  5. Super Moderator
    SEO Chat Genius (4000 - 4499 posts)

If you have crappy conent (remember the good content doesn't go to the ezines, it stays on your site) then article sub is a GOOD way to get one way incoming links. If the articles is good, maybe other sites will pick it up off the sub site.

Yes your article will be buried, however, it's the one way link you want. There are thousdands of articles, but it will definately hlep your cause to submit those articles to more article submission places. Over time they may devalue but it's a great and effective way to get one way links. (Don't spend too much time on it though and remember what i said above about good content.)
  7. No Profile Picture
    Banned
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

One article with gr8 content can do the job which can't be done by 15 poor content articles, Because there are many blogs and sites which use content of good article with a link in reference.
    like Source: ABC (www.abc.com)
    or
    For More ... ABC (www.abc.com)

in this way u can get many BL's.
  9. No Profile Picture
    Banned

That goes without saying...

Originally Posted by djstreet
    If you have crappy conent (remember the good content doesn't go to the ezines, it stays on your site) then article sub is a GOOD way to get one way incoming links. If the articles is good, maybe other sites will pick it up off the sub site.

Yes your article will be buried, however, it's the one way link you want. There are thousdands of articles, but it will definately hlep your cause to submit those articles to more article submission places. Over time they may devalue but it's a great and effective way to get one way links. (Don't spend too much time on it though and remember what i said above about good content.)
    Of course, one needs to have good content. However, in my experience, not a lot of webmasters are going to these directories to search for articles, and when they do, they have thousands upon thousands to choose from. The chances that your article will get picked up are close to nothing.

The question was about the validity of submitting to directories. I concur that article writing is good, if you can get it picked up by worthwhile sites. However, achieving that requires 100x more work than just writing the thing. Most people underestimate the difficulty, and time commitment of marketing an article once it is written.
  11. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Originally Posted by djstreet

And what about press releases? The same tactics, but focus is changed. Crappy press release stays on the site and dies there, and good press release covers the globe (remember the old press release magic done for pixel guy?).

And if the tactics on spreading is the same, maybe not only crappy articles travel round the net?