1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Arelis how do you use

Hi All

I know the debate rages on about using programs to help you with link management. However, I think some programs (like Arelis) simply help you manage your link program and does not automate the process.

With that said, I have looked at quite a few forums and in general most people give Arelis a good review. I downloaded the demo to test it out.

My question is for those who own and use Arelis. Here are the steps I take.

1. Look for potential link partners
    2. Once I find a link partner, I put their link on my site
    3. I send them an email telling them where I placed their link and asking if they in turn would care to place my link on their site.

I did about 70 of these types of emails. I tried to personalize them as much as possible. Yet my results are poor -- very little response.

So for those who use Arelis, how do you get people to respond to your link request email. I'm puzzled since I have read on many forums how successful they have been using Arelis and was wondering what the secret was to their sucess.

Thanks in advance for your help.

p.s. Just so you know, I have done all the other normal link building. (1) I have my own affiliate program (2) written articles (3) done a free ebook (4) given away a screen saver (5) submitted to directores (6) did a PR -- Etc.

About the only thing I haven't done is write a program (i.e. php) to give away for fee that requires you to have my link in place to use the program. I don't have any php skills or I would do that next.

thanks again.....steve
  3. aka: jadibones
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

After hearing about people forwarding link exchange requests to google's spam report, I try to stay away from link exchanges. Unless I know the person who ownes the site. But thats just me.

As for your request letter. Just experiment. Its just like any other ad copy. You must be persuasive. Keep a record of how many replies you get and how many successfull exchanges you get for the different letters. It may be useful to use an excel spreadsheet to keep track.

Another way I have found to get good backlinks is to make some tools for your website. Like if your site is about SEO, you might put a character counter or a keyword density calculator. (I guess this depends on what kind of site you have). This not only gives you backlinks, but keeps people coming back.
  5. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

You are absolutely right, I believe, that being able to offer a tool of some sort is the best way to get links. However, I don't have the needed skill. Thanks for the input.