1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Question Adwords Tool Vs Wordtracker-Which Is Most Reliable?

Hi All,

I am about to start a new job wihich will involve some basic SEO. I was wondering if someone could explain to me why the search volume results for keywords, differ so wildly between the free Wordtracker keyword tool and the Google tool. I am currently trying to research some keywords for a company which deals with foreign currency conversion(high competition) and I am looking for some long tail keywords. When I find a phrase using Google which looks like it might be worth pursuing, I put it into Wordtracker and there is minimal or no search volume? I have also found that when using the Adwords tool sometimes it states that the competition is high yet when I use the allintitle:"" function there doesn`t seem to be too many pages optimising for that phrase? It would be appreciated if someone experienced could offer their thoughts and perhaps whether it would be better to pay for a subscription of to use the free tools available?
  3. No Profile Picture
    Banned

Adwords tools is the best keywords research for you. Complete information inside of this tools, so you can decide to choose one keywords that you will targeted.
  5. Here to help
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

Originally Posted by dallir
    When I find a phrase using Google which looks like it might be worth pursuing, I put it into Wordtracker and there is minimal or no search volume?
    Well I would suppose that wordtracker doesn't have the database to draw from as does Google adwords for a start.

As far as competition is concerned, think of it this way. The competition is amongist adword advertisers and no body else. That is it only measures competition between the adwords campaigns. When you see cpc rates at 6.00 it is highly competitive.

This does not mean you can't get clicks for a quarter, it just means you have to work at it a little harder to do so.
    Here to Help, Nothing More.....
    Good SEO isn't Cheap and Cheap SEO isn't Good !!
  7. No Profile Picture

Thank you for the replies. I guess that I will stick with Adwords tool, however, I am only using it for keyword research for natural rankings and not PPC. If you were using the allintitle:"" technique to try to determine how competitive a keyword is, how many returned results should I be looking for to tempt me into selecting that keyword? Is 1,000 or less a good prospect or is it like asking how long is a piece of string?
  9. No Profile Picture

you can decide to choose one keywords