1. No Profile Picture

understanding Broad Match type keyword

Hi,

I am stuck on a keyword which has 1000 searches for broad match type and has 36 searches for exact match type. So is there any way i can know how's people searching for this keyword. I tried searching but i'm not getting any idea.

Please Help.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Sorry, I don't really understand your question (I don't think).

From what you say, 36 searches are made for the term exactly (you say keyword - so I will assume just 1 word).
    1000 searches are made involving the word or a simile, or whatever Google thinks you mean by the word.

I assume you are getting this from the Google Adwords keyword tool. In which case you can see other terms that people are searching for using that keyword in the 'keyword ideas' section of the page.
  5. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

use Google adword for keyword research .it is easy very easy and effective ..
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Think of your Search terms as keyphrases, unique combinations of words. Your keyphrase is only searched for 36 times evidently, but various other version of that keyword are used 1,000 times.

In my experience, only use exact match data to base your decisions. I've bought many a domain name that turned out bunk because I was basing decision on faulty data.
  9. No Profile Picture

Thanks but i tried Google Adwords tool for Keyword Ideas but except the keywords i entered it didn't came up with keywords that doesn't match with keywords i entered that's why i can not get idea how 1000 people are searching for it. May be, i have to run ads for the keywords so that i can get the exact keywords. Looks like Google Adwords Tool miss important data.
  11. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Board match and exact match boths are right way to find keyword. You know that Broad means "Wide" ...your search keyword result will be showed relevant information.

And exact means "Precise" ... your keyword result will be showed very close information.

Thats why you found 1000 and 36 result.

But both results are correct.
  13. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

You can use either option in Google AdWords, however if you decide to do a broad match search you have higher risk of returning keywords that do not have the correct user intent.