1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Stuck In a Rut - Keywords???

I am finally back in action or at least getting prepared to get in action. My goal is to make at least $2000 a month. I know almost exactly how I am going to go about it. I have the plan set out and everything. The only problem that continues to haunt me is "choosing the right keywords and getting sites to number 1 position". What I mean by choosing the right keywords is a keyword I can easily rank for without building thousands of links to the site. I have chosen plenty of keywords in the past to try to rank for and none of them in the number 1 spot except for one that doesn't bring any traffic. Can anyone advise me on what I should do to avoid choosing bad keywords and a way I can rank for keywords. You can even suggest a product or ebook as long as it works. Thanks

What I do so you know how much I know about keyword research.

Choose keywords with less than 20,000 competing pages, has at least 3+ web 2.0 sites on first page, has at least 1000 search volume according to google keyword tool, I use exact match. I also look at how many backlinks each site has on first page using the seo for firefox tool.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by mekap04
    The only problem that continues to haunt me is "choosing the right keywords and getting sites to number 1 position". What I mean by choosing the right keywords is a keyword I can easily rank for without building thousands of links to the site ... Can anyone advise me on what I should do to avoid choosing bad keywords and a way I can rank for keywords.
    Tip. 1 You need links in order to rank.

Tip. 2 You can run an adwords campaign in order to see if there is a good search volume for your product on that keyword.

Tip. 3 You need links in order to rank.
  5. No Profile Picture

I know I need links to rank, I can build backlinks to my site and I actually do build backlinks to my site its just that after getting 1000 backlinks and you are not on the first page but there is a site sitting in the number 1 spot with only 20 or so backlinks, I begin to wonder. And I try to get high pr backlinks too.
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I think the Quality and Relevance of the links is more important than the #. 1000's of directory links in India wont help you out as much as a few local industry links.

Comments on this post

• craigseo agrees : spot on
    • channel5 agrees