Page 3 of 3 First 123
  • Jump to page:
  1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

I really appreciate you taking the time trying to help. But your answer was kind of vague. I know I want to target a more precise keyword but I need to know how. The only way I know how to target a key word is social bookmarking or articles. What I don't understand is when I do articles how are the keywords in my article relating to my website. 1 are they being picked up in the title then use my link in the page. 2 Or are the keywords targeted when I code the keywords in the background in the article. For instance if my keyword is golf then I do a link for the world golf in my article. To explain better the keyword "golf" would be blue because if you click on it, it will take you to my site. Is that how target keywords for your website?
    Originally Posted by anandmistry
    This is not concern with single phrase keyword. You have to think about your target area, products & keyword. I want to give you one best example for this.

Just imagine:

I am website owner of tiki torches. These torches are useful to decor home & outdoor area. So, I can not target "torches" to gather my customer. You can get more idea with Google image search. What is difference between "torches" & "tiki torches".

Now Suppose:

My site will on 1st position with "torches" keywords & give me bunch of hits. But, I am not able to sell any single products. Because visitors come with "torches" keywords have different mind concept. They may be buyer of electric torches or outdoor torches or solar torches or researcher on torches.

Now Get It Done:

If my site will top on "tiki torches" so, I will get perfect & targeted visitors towards my website. It will help me to decrease my site bounce rate & increase conversion.

I hope you can understand about core concept behind keyword selection.

So, single phrase or more : There is no concern . But , What is your target area ? Think about it & get it done !! Best of luck !!
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Website application development and seo experts

Single word are to hard to get traffic for sites.. Normally when common searcher write any search query then he used two or three words phrases also you have mentioned that only by mistake user write single word search query,and these mistakes are not so common.
  5. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Hero (2000 - 2499 posts)

HarryJackson, everything in your post is right - except the TITLE of the post.
  7. Banned
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Originally Posted by bidbuygone
    I really appreciate you taking the time trying to help. But your answer was kind of vague. I know I want to target a more precise keyword but I need to know how. The only way I know how to target a key word is social bookmarking or articles. What I don't understand is when I do articles how are the keywords in my article relating to my website. 1 are they being picked up in the title then use my link in the page. 2 Or are the keywords targeted when I code the keywords in the background in the article. For instance if my keyword is golf then I do a link for the world golf in my article. To explain better the keyword "golf" would be blue because if you click on it, it will take you to my site. Is that how target keywords for your website?
    All things are depend on competition level of keywords.
  9. No Profile Picture

Single word keywod

Single word keywords are not a good idea. People want to be specific about their search. For example if you type SEO you cant advertise your SEO company as SEO implies many thing. A person looking for SEO toos will be driven to your website and bounce back as he was not looking for SEO company. Even if the person was looking for SEO company he may be interested in perticular region. So wise step will be SEO company Vancouver for your company. If you promote your site with specific 2-5 word keywords, you will get desired traffic at your site.
  11. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by search_pink
    Is a Single word targeted keyword useful? Like for example, I have a online book store. Suppose one of the visitors make the mistake of typing single word like 'book'..so will get desired results?
    Researches say, people now are using long tail terms to find out most relevant result out of their search. Think if you want to find a pizza hut in your area then what will be best term to search .....
    pizza hut OR pizza hut + your location

This is the way searches are working now a days.
  13. No Profile Picture

Jfk Airport Limo

According to my point of view long tail keyword is best one name stock many items at a time & available in same category ...........
  15. No Profile Picture

No i think single word keyword is a very bad idea always take long tail keyword with low competition but high searches.
  17. No Profile Picture
    Banned

Originally Posted by nrvncanada
    Single word keywords are not a good idea. People want to be specific about their search. For example if you type SEO you cant advertise your SEO company as SEO implies many thing. A person looking for SEO toos will be driven to your website and bounce back as he was not looking for SEO company. Even if the person was looking for SEO company he may be interested in perticular region. So wise step will be SEO company Vancouver for your company. If you promote your site with specific 2-5 word keywords, you will get desired traffic at your site.
    Yes,i agree to this....
Page 3 of 3 First 123
  • Jump to page: