Results: Is the keyword still relevant even though its flipped round? 

Voters
2 You may not vote on this poll

• Yes
    50.00%
  • No
    50.00%
  1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

RE: Strange keyword anomaly

Hey guys and gals, long time since i have posted here. I have just come across a strange keyword anomaly a dont understand.

It goes like this:

I am working for a company that supplies a certain type of goods, lets say cleaning supplies for now.

My keywords research found a high level of queries for the term "cleaning supplies" (this is not the actual term as i dont want to divulge this info) which is fine but then I found that if the term is reversed ie (supplies cleaning) there was nearly double the amount of queries. I think it is still relevant as my main competitors are ranking top for it, maybe it is a language issue? in english it goes one way and lets say in french or german it may go the other?

What do you think?

Opinions on this would be greatly appreciated.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

It depends. while "supplies cleaning" doesn't really make sense, if you keyword was "race car" and the opposite is "car race" then it makes a lot of sense, but they keyword has a completely different meaning! So, it's really hard to help you here without knowing the keyword. I don't expect you to reveal it, but try to use my example and ask yourself if the backwards order means anything different.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I think I solved it, interesting result though

Originally Posted by YouDontKnowMe
    It depends. while "supplies cleaning" doesn't really make sense, if you keyword was "race car" and the opposite is "car race" then it makes a lot of sense, but they keyword has a completely different meaning! So, it's really hard to help you here without knowing the keyword. I don't expect you to reveal it, but try to use my example and ask yourself if the backwards order means anything different.
    On further inspection, the search volumes were exactly the same, this leads me to beleive that google considers the two searches to be for the same thing. What do you think?