1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Need Advice for Good Keywords in Title and Description

A collection agency has following Debt Recovery services in Transportation, Per Diem, Frieght, Trucking, Logistic. Have just four pages: Home, Operation, Payment, Contact Us. Confused about good usage of keywords in title tags of home page, these are the two list i came up with which can be added

1) Debt Recovery | Transportation | Per Diem | Trucking | Freight | Logistic | Collection | Agency | State | City

2) Debt Recovery | Transportation Collection Agency | Per Diem Collection Agency | Freight Collection Agency | Trucking Collection Agency | State | City

Any advice please. Feedback appreciated
  3. SEO Insultant
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

As a title, this is far too long. People would start yawning halfway and besides: major search engines only show up to 65 chars on the serps anyway.

As a "description" meta text, it is not the right style: make that into a nice, short but complete sentence.
  5. No Profile Picture

Thanks for the suggestion, description not mentioned in my post, those two are for title tags alone. I'll try to reduce the number of characters and split between home page and operation page, any other suggestion for good title tag with those keywords or which of those two versions i written are good to go. Any feedback will be appreciated, looking for best solution.
    Last edited by vincentind; Jun 12th, 2012 at 12:45 PM.
  7. SEO Since 97

Originally Posted by vincentind
    Thanks for the suggestion, description not mentioned in my post, those two are for title tags alone. I'll try to reduce the number of characters and split between home page and operation page, any other suggestion for good title tag with those keywords or which of those two versions i written are good to go. Any feedback will be appreciated, looking for best solution.
    title your page with a couple of keywords and make sure thats what the page is about, use the other keywords on different sub pages..again make those pages about the key words, Same with your description...put your city/state in a footer so it appears on every page. Don't use what you showed in your first post.

Comments on this post

• vincentind agrees
  9. SEO Insultant

Since "description" was in your post title, I commented on that as well
  11. No Profile Picture

Thanks for all your feedback.
  13. rod@missionop.com

A collection agency has following Debt Recovery services in Transportation, Per Diem, Frieght, Trucking, Logistic. Have just four pages: Home, Operation, Payment, Contact Us. Confused about good usage of keywords in title tags of home page, these are the two list i came up with which can be added

1) Debt Recovery | Transportation | Per Diem | Trucking | Freight | Logistic | Collection | Agency | State | City

2) Debt Recovery | Transportation Collection Agency | Per Diem Collection Agency | Freight Collection Agency | Trucking Collection Agency | State | City

Any advice please. Feedback appreciated
    First I would start with 64 characters... 64... that is it! (there is one exception - later)

Every eye-tracking experiment ever conducted provides this fact: "search click on listings the use the words of their typed in phrase.

So if Trucking State & City were part of their typed in query and you were in position - they would jump over you and click on position 2 or 3 or so.

Next divide your title element into 3 parts:

Keyword Phrase - Call to Action - Brand

Keyword Phrase - 1 phrase per page
    The title element does not provide all that much weight to ranking and clicks are more important than impressions

Action to Action - MAKE PEOPLE WANT TO CLICK

Keyword, Keyword, Keyword, Keyword, Keyword, Keyword, does not make anyone want to click.

Buy 1 get 1 FREE or 50% OFF will

Brand - Your business name

Review any of 1000 domains that sell something and I guarantee the brand name phrases (not just 1 but possibly 2 or 3) will be in the top 10 sales recipient each day, week, month... brand sells - keywords not so much.

The exception... if your title element is more than 64 characters you can allow brand to be 65th character and beyond on any page but the homepage as your homepage will almost always appear for all brand phrases.