1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

keywords from SERP 2+

I have an ecommerce site that has been running for several years, has 1500 products, and gets clicks from a large number of organic keywords. This have happened without any SEO effort towards most of the keywords. I have done very little SEO keyword work at all.

Would it be smart to first optimize pages for the keywords where I'm getting the most clicks on page 2+ for my non-optimized landing pages? I can find a lot of them in Analytics. It seems to me that those are the ones I would get the best ROI to optimize for, as I'm already getting some clicks while buried on page 2+ of the SERPs with no effort, and just a little effort may bring me to page 1. I figure the keywords where I'm already at the middle or bottom of page 1 are already getting clicks, and it would be difficult to improve to position 1 or 2. And any keyword where I'm buried so deep that I'm getting no clicks shows no evidence that I have a chance with them or that there are a lot of potential clicks, so I won't bother until I get desperate. Make sense?
  3. SEO Since 97
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

If you already have good pages kickin butt, why not just make find the difference between the two and make the ones not working like the ones that are?
    I doubt the clicks from page 2+ are people looking for that product (well not for purchase, but it's possible) and if they are your playing with 20-30 different competitors, so you better have something that grabs em.

I'd see what difference you can find between the two and tweak what you can.
  5. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Hi Squeebo,

Good that you have got reason to smile in E-Commerce market.
    Yeah ! if I take it from your opening lines, it depends on what you selling.At times, those keywords which have less or no competition show up without doing any SEO but real labor is when you have got competition on your products.

People are too lazy for turning to 2nd page provided they are seriously looking to buy something.

So, ideally, you should be checking your analytics and pages which are not working.pages which give high bounce rate and pages which are the most active in letting visitors 'exit' might come handy to pin-point to low-ranking webpages.

Regards,