Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page:
  1. No Profile Picture
    Permanently Banned
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Keywords

how to analysis the keyword density
  3. Busting SEOChat Spammers!
    SEO Chat High Scholar (3500 - 3999 posts)

Originally Posted by pasatsaran1
    how to analysis the keyword density
    DONT!

How many news papers or TV programs do you watch and count how many times they repeat the name of it? You dont so why do you think google or your readers would do that for your site?

To put it quite simple for you, keyword density is a thing of the past and is no longer looked at by anyone (well maybe incompetent people that dont keep up with the times but they dont count in my books).

So worry more about writing up content that your visitors will want to read, engage with, come back for more and even link to!
    New To SEOChat? See Here & the FAQ's

"stupid people say stupid things, and smart people out smart each other!" SOAD
    301 Redirects | SEO Tools | Default htaccess | CuteRank
  5. No Profile Picture
    Permanently Banned

Post Re:

There is much talk about the ideal keyword density of a web page. Ideal keyword density is more of a range than a figure. A 1% - 7% keyword density is what any web page should aim for. A 1% keyword density is achieved by inserting a keyword once in every 100 words of text, and so on.

Comments on this post

• NathanielB : Go throw your random % somewhere people give a damn!
  7. No Profile Picture
    Permanently Banned

keywords

Thanks for your response
  9. No Profile Picture

http://www.seochat.com/seo-tools/keyword-density/
  11. Contributing User

Despite NathanielB's post about the redundancy of keyword density. I would like to answer your question.You can check your site's keyword density using http://www.seochat.com/seo-tools/keyword-density/

Comments on this post

• NathanielB : why? KD is DEAD! Why do you feel the need to link to a now pointless tool?
    • Test-ok : And the link is also in the post above...Monkey see monkey do?
  13. No Profile Picture

Re: keywords

Well, I think you can find this by Google analytics.
  15. Contributing User

NathanielB disagrees: why? KD is DEAD! Why do you feel the need to link to a now pointless tool?
    @NathanielB Why do you think you know every thing? Do you own Google or do you command the Google's algorithm? Last but not least if the link to the KD tool is so useless why don't you get it removed from SEO chat. It is you guys who have kept the tool on your site.
    By the way, neither you own the search engines nor me , we all try to give an intelligent guess. Hope you agree with me, won't you? My experience says KD is still effective and I have seen great fluctuations on my own site by changing the KD.
    Last edited by seo_corporation; Jan 21st, 2012 at 10:30 AM.
  17. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Super Genius (4500 - 4999 posts)

Care to share your data?

It is the greater crowd here that thinks KD is a false metric. So, if you want people to agree with you, simply share your data.
  19. Contributing User

My own site is a testimonial to the importance of KD. www(dot)seocorporation(dot)net/
    I was ranking on SEO India at 25 for SEO India on Google(dot) 6 months back. At that time my KD of SEO India was around 1.36 but then I added some more content (kept the old as well) related to SEO Company India and SEO Services India decreasing the KD to .86 and my ranking started vacillating between 70 to 100 . Some day back I removed a good proportion of those content and within a week I came in 30. Now I am at 24 for SEO India. Similar effects could be seen on my site for SEO firm India, SEO Company India and SEO Services India on Google.com by varying the KD.

By this i doesn't mean that increasing the KD to 5% will take my site in top three but Google takes note of this. I am more than sure. Every theory is a hypothesis until or unless proved. I might be wrong in assuming the effect of KD in ranking but for that you will have to prove your hypothesis.
  21. Busting SEOChat Spammers!
    SEO Chat High Scholar (3500 - 3999 posts)

Originally Posted by seo_corporation
    @NathanielB Why do you think you know every thing? Do you own Google or do you command the Google's algorithm?
    No, but I know what google no longer looks at from tests of my own and those of people I know and trust plus what google have said in the past!

Last but not least if the link to the KD tool is so useless why don't you get it removed from SEO chat. It is you guys who have kept the tool on your site.
    Do I own seo chat? No so why do you think a simple mod has the power to remove things from the site? Mods are people that have offered to help keep these forums (and only the forums) free of spam, we dont have control of the site.

Plus why would the guys that run seo chat remove a tool which is stilled and most likely generates some revenue for you poor miss informed people still living in the 90s??

By the way, neither you own the search engines nor me , we all try to give an intelligent guess. Hope you agree with me, won't you? My experience says KD is still effective and I have seen great fluctuations on my own site by changing the KD.
    How do you know I dont own a share in google? I could do (dont though lol), as for your comment on seeing great fluctuations from KD changes, keep reading below

My own site is a testimonial to the importance of KD. www(dot)seocorporation(dot)net/
    I was ranking on SEO India at 25 for SEO India on Google(dot) 6 months back. At that time my KD of SEO India was around 1.36 but then I added some more content (kept the old as well) related to SEO Company India and SEO Services India decreasing the KD to .86 and my ranking started vacillating between 70 to 100 . Some day back I removed a good proportion of those content and within a week I came in 30. Now I am at 24 for SEO India. Similar effects could be seen on my site for SEO firm India, SEO Company India and SEO Services India on Google.com by varying the KD.

By this i doesn't mean that increasing the KD to 5% will take my site in top three but Google takes note of this. I am more than sure. Every theory is a hypothesis until or unless proved. I might be wrong in assuming the effect of KD in ranking but for that you will have to prove your hypothesis.
    I have highlighted some bits in the quote above which I want to point out to you to show you that you cant simple think your changes in the serps are down to KD changes.

Those in bold are to point out that you had changed the content, which is known to effect rankings for less competitive terms.

Those highlighted in red are to point out that the keywords you are watching are not what I would call competitive and so changes in rankings for those could quite easily change with a simple change like updating your content.

Also you have to keep in mind that your site will have been gaining more links in those 6months (or at least I hope it has?)

Basically what I am pointing out to you is, you cant put this down to KD because of all the other factors you need to keep in mind, also google may not have found the old content as relevant as the new content, which is another known factor to think about.

So in short, sorry, but your post is not going to change my mine in the slightest, KD is no longer used by google in my mind and as said above, you will find that thats a majority feeling around here and most seo communities
  23. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Super Genius (4500 - 4999 posts)

Too many variables. You added and removed content.

Try it again without adding or removing content.

Otherwise you're not testing anything specifically.
  25. Contributing User

jsteele823: Sure, I am going to do the test on a page of mine which ranks #2 on Google.com for SEO Content and #7 for SEO Content Writing. Will try to collaborate with my past results or hypothesis. Let us see.
  27. No Profile Picture

The density shoulsd be in a range of 2-8 %. That is all I know.

Comments on this post

• ClickyB : Forget what you "know"... learn what really matters (KD doesn't)
  29. Permanently Banned

The keyword can be analyzed in different methods, but the one i use to do in google adwords tool, the keyword density must be 3% to 5% nad not more than that, do write the content just for the keyword, use the keyword only in the apt place.
    Don't use the keyword more than 3 to 4 times in the 500 words article.It's better to include the keyword in H1 and H2 tags.

Comments on this post

• ClickyB : 3-5% is incorrect... "No more than 3-4 times in 500 words" is less than 1% :roll:
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page: