Page 1 of 3 123 Last
  • Jump to page:
  1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Which keyword would be easier to rank?

I am searching for keywords that would be easy to rank for me but i am bit confused As below sample keywords which one would be easier to rank and why?

Keyword Competition Global Monthly Searches Local Monthly Searches (United Kingdom)
    [solid state drive laptop] High 880 110
    [solid state drive] Medium 60500 6600

Comments on this post

• apsystech agrees : Go with solid state drive
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by technician27
    I am searching for keywords that would be easy to rank for me but i am bit confused As below sample keywords which one would be easier to rank and why?

Keyword Competition Global Monthly Searches Local Monthly Searches (United Kingdom)
    [solid state drive laptop] High 880 110
    [solid state drive] Medium 60500 6600
    You can go for [solid state drive laptop] it will be more beneficial for you.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Is it because Local search is only 110? What about Competition (high)?
  7. SEO Consultant
    SEO Chat High Scholar (3500 - 3999 posts)

Your lower competition keywords will generally be easier to rank; however, on the flip side, offer less volume.

Have you seen that Cheap Sushi commercial? That's the same concept in keywords. Easy is not always best or worth the efforts. Esurance Commercial - Sushi - YouTube
    www.V2INTERACTIVE.net - SEO Web Design | On-Page SEO | SEO Audits & Reports | Link Building
    BASED IN ATLANTA, GA. Contact: Skype/Phone/Email (Discounted rates available for SEOChat members only - email seochat@v2interactive.net)
    Please EMAIL me at the above address and do not send Private Messages. I rarely check them and your message will be lost.
  9. Contributing User

High competition means there is a lot of pages out there with that keyword, imho trying to compete with well established sites with a high keyword competition will be tough to get on page one, especially with a keyword like that (solid state drive laptop recieves About 11,500,000 results from Google). Try to find a keyword that has good traffic but with low competition.

*Sorry to the guy above, i'm on the similar lines but was typing this and your post appeared *

Comments on this post

• joshz agrees : great minds think a like
    Last edited by Grizzler; Mar 18th, 2013 at 10:50 AM.
  11. the mango demon
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

I would like to add one more point.
    The competition you are seeing here is Adwords competition. In adwords people put money into one particular thing they want to sell.
    Take for example your case.
    "Solid State Drive" is a generic term. People looking for this keyword may not be looking to buy the product. So a smart Adwords guy will not prefer to invest on that keyword.
    The reality could be drastically different. What appears medium competition and high volume will end up as a nightmare when you actually try to rank for that generic term.

To beat this, you need to do a manual search for those two keywords and see how many strong results feature in the first three pages and which of them you think you can beat with the resources you have at hand.
    SEO Professionals in NewDelhi It is different. Don't believe me? Go check yourself.
  13. No Profile Picture
    Banned

Always use long tail keywords with lower competition.
  15. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

That is one of the reason i don't want to use google keyword tool. Because for me google showing you what they want not what you looking for so is there any better keyword search tool that i can find how many people actualy searching for keywords i am after. Solid state drive is not my actual keyword but still i need better tool for keywords.

Originally Posted by NewDelhiSEO
    I would like to add one more point.
    The competition you are seeing here is Adwords competition. In adwords people put money into one particular thing they want to sell.
    Take for example your case.
    "Solid State Drive" is a generic term. People looking for this keyword may not be looking to buy the product. So a smart Adwords guy will not prefer to invest on that keyword.
    The reality could be drastically different. What appears medium competition and high volume will end up as a nightmare when you actually try to rank for that generic term.

To beat this, you need to do a manual search for those two keywords and see how many strong results feature in the first three pages and which of them you think you can beat with the resources you have at hand.
  17. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

I think solid state drive laptop is easy to promote, but another part is the value of which is less than solid state drive.
  19. Contributing User

According to me you should go with solid state drive because it is having Medium competition and having more searches so it is easy to rank.
  21. No Profile Picture

Hi technician27, you haven't mention the exact competition for respected keywords. it seems like you have just took number from google keywords tool. First find out exact competition. its very important to take any decision.
  23. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Go for some long tail keywords where competition is less... Once you get ranking for long tail keywords, you should go for these keywords where competition is high...
  25. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I voted for long tail keywords. These are ranked more faster, ofcourse you have to check the competition. You can use different tools for that. Personallly I use squirrly seo for that.

Comments on this post

• tvalexndar agrees : Long Tail Keyword Rank Easily....
  27. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Long tail keywords and less competitive keywords will be easier to rank..
  29. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Depending on your intention, you need to consider if you are selling SSD drives for laptop then would be good to complete the keyword like "laptop solid state drive sell" or even would be better "laptop SSD sell" if not sale then choose something else. Coz if the googler is looking to buy a drive he will for sure add the words like "sell, purchase, etc.". What do you think, guys?
Page 1 of 3 123 Last
  • Jump to page: