1. SEO Elite
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

keyword question

I have a question for the experts about keywords. I'm sure alot of people have this question when it comes to plural keywords. I'm targeting "ohio limo" and "ohio limos" . I often wonder if everytime I mention limo if i should make it limos with an S because limo is still part of limos. Would this help with the rankings if i made all the words limos instead of limo? Because limo would still show up under all the limos keywords? I'm sure this question will pertain to alot of people wondering about their plural and non plural kewyords. Thanks
    Last edited by Jasontnyc; Oct 31st, 2004 at 03:14 PM. Reason: Link not needed for question
  3. Free the SB
    SEO Chat Skiller (1500 - 1999 posts)

Its my experience you have to optimize for both words separately. We are primarily optimized for a phrase where the singular is siginificantly more popular than the plural. We saw people searching on the plural and primarily did on page optimizing for that. On page for the plural (because it is so less competitive) got us good ranking. We are able to compete on a national basis for our main phrases but we get more conversions from local phrases, which include state, cities, and even towns.

Go to word tracker. check out both phrases. Check it out for limo, limos, and Ohio (both). See how it plays out for different states other than Ohio. I'd also optimize for the particular cities you serve and/or suburbs where there is use for limos. We get traffic from a variety of searches with a variety of regional phrases.

Word tracker and some of the other keyword tools will give you some other associated phrases. If they aren't too competitive optimize for them also.

Good luck,

Dave
  5. http://tinyurl.com/cz56g
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

To add to that, don't rely on "limo" being a part of "limos". Google doesn't work that way for searches*, even though they highlight parts of words on the serps.

* at least not until they run out of results for "limos"
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

I always SEO both singular and plural on the same page. I'll place the one with high peyword popularity in title, and I'll reppeat both singular and plural a few times in the body of text, sometime with link text and sometimes with bold.