Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page:
  1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Keyword density is important?

I read many article about keyword density. keyword density important for SEO. 2% to 3% perfect keyword density for SEO. I visit many website that no have any keyword in their page but when I search google then see 1st page that website. So my question is keyword density must be important for SEO?

Comments on this post

• shivirawat agrees : keyword desnity is the main part in content only you should remeber keyword density 1%-2%
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Yes it plays a major role in search engine ranking but most important is the relevant back links you got on that particular page using your keyword as anchor text.
  5. SEO Insultant
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Yes, it is important, but NO, there is no set rule.

You just CANNOT presume that 2-3% is the ideal percentage in your case. There are too many factors involved, which can change the aforementioned "ideal percentage" into any value between 0 and 100%.

Best to focus on other stuff indeed.

Comments on this post

• Test-ok agrees
    • ndelia agrees
    ... Hey you! FREE SEO report card ... I really my hosting company ...
  7. No Profile Picture

I agree with dzine it has some relevance but there are more important factors, concentrating on creating a quality natural backlinking profile will give better results than concentrating on giving your page the correct density. Ensure the keyword you are optimising for appears a number of times, don't go overboard. Ideally put the keywords in your page title and in an H1 tag. Using your keywords in your image alt tags can also help.
  9. Contributing User

Keyword density is important because search engines use this information to categorize a site's theme, and to determine which terms the site is relevant to.

Comments on this post

• NathanielB : No, keyword density is not used by google at all
  11. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I think that a natural approach is best, obviously you need to have your keywords in the content, but to focus on specific percentages, in my opinion is likely to give the content an artificial feel, and perhaps affect your rankings

Comments on this post

• Test-ok agrees : If your spending time on percentages, your not concentrating on good content.
  13. No Profile Picture

Lightbulb Keywords density

From Google point of view it is keyword density is must be in between 3% to 4% in our presenting content......its help for optimization....also the keywords will not be exact we use also its abbreviation.....!

Comments on this post

• NathanielB : NO! Keep your pointless percentages to yourself!
  15. Busting SEOChat Spammers!
    SEO Chat High Scholar (3500 - 3999 posts)

Originally Posted by Steve54
    From Google point of view it is keyword density is must be in between 3% to 4% in our presenting content......its help for optimization....also the keywords will not be exact we use also its abbreviation.....!
    NO, NO, NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can you and all the other muppets that are stuck in the 80's please get with the times and get it in your think heads that keyword density percentages are a thing of the past and not used by google (or other top SEs) in rankings!

OP and all others that ask about keyword density, please simple write your content for your visitors and you will not have a problem with your content.

In other words, you need not worry about keyword density, instead work on offering the best content you can and on other factors that will actually help you to rank better such as quality link building!

For example, take not of what the OP said:
    Originally Posted by ljames559
    I visit many website that no have any keyword in their page but when I search google then see 1st page that website.
    So clearly, if people are ranking without even having the keyword on the page, do you not think that kind of shows you not to worry about keyword density? You have other factors which play roles in rankings so read the stickies, check over Google's webmaster guidelines, write quality content, build quality links and forget all about keyword density for a chance to rank at the top!
    New To SEOChat? See Here & the FAQ's

"stupid people say stupid things, and smart people out smart each other!" SOAD
    301 Redirects | SEO Tools | Default htaccess | CuteRank
  17. No Profile Picture

Arrow

Originally Posted by NathanielB
    NO, NO, NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can you and all the other muppets that are stuck in the 80's please get with the times and get it in your think heads that keyword density percentages are a thing of the past and not used by google (or other top SEs) in rankings!

OP and all others that ask about keyword density, please simple write your content for your visitors and you will not have a problem with your content.

In other words, you need not worry about keyword density, instead work on offering the best content you can and on other factors that will actually help you to rank better such as quality link building!

For example, take not of what the OP said:

So clearly, if people are ranking without even having the keyword on the page, do you not think that kind of shows you not to worry about keyword density? You have other factors which play roles in rankings so read the stickies, check over Google's webmaster guidelines, write quality content, build quality links and forget all about keyword density for a chance to rank at the top!

I agree with you and appreciated your all points but please tell me that if we not considered the density of keywords and suppose use one keyword very rapidly then by Google its called spamming......!
  19. No Profile Picture

there are different review on keywords density, it should be 2-3 % on web page, when we are making some content on web page there should keywords on page multiple time to make content meaningful, i think there is no any issue with 2-3 % of keywords density.

Comments on this post

• ClickyB : You don't need keywords to "make content meaningful" and you don't need to worry about the %'age... That's the whole point!
  21. Busting SEOChat Spammers!

Originally Posted by Steve54
    I agree with you and appreciated your all points but please tell me that if we not considered the density of keywords and suppose use one keyword very rapidly then by Google its called spamming......!
    And if your writing keyword repeatedly you are likely to be spamming because if you were writing for your visitors you wouldn't have a need to spam keywords over and over repetitively would you, so why wouldn't google thing that?

So your argument on that still holds the same answer, for get about keyword density, write for your visitors, make sure your content is the best it can be and that people will want to read it and come back for more!
  23. Super Moderator
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Originally Posted by lennigans
    I think that a natural approach is best,
    Exactly.

obviously you need to have your keywords in the content
    No you don't...
    You do NOT need to have your keyword in your content AT ALL... it can simply be in links pointing to your website, and yet you can still rank #1.

but to focus on specific percentages, in my opinion is likely to give the content an artificial feel, and perhaps affect your rankings
    Right - exactly... Don't concentrate on %'ages, just write your content naturally.
    Last edited by ClickyB; Apr 10th, 2012 at 10:02 AM.
    ClickyB
    "The quality of the visitor is more important than the volume..." (Egol 22nd Feb 2008)
    [New to SEO/SeoChat?] [Canonical Problems?] [Forum Rules & Posting Guidelines]
  25. No Profile Picture

keyword density should be 2 to 3% in your content.

Comments on this post

• ClickyB : Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo :roll:
  27. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

On Google's website optimization PDF, it actually reccomends that you repeat the keyword in bold several times in your webpage. You shouldn't go overboard, but I have seen good results from this. The most important factor is to always have an H1 tag and an H2 tag with your keyword in it, right at the top of the page. This_helps_tell google what your web page is about.
  29. Busting SEOChat Spammers!

Originally Posted by TheGateKeeper
    On Google's website optimization PDF, it actually reccomends that you repeat the keyword in bold several times in your webpage. You shouldn't go overboard, but I have seen good results from this. The most important factor is to always have an H1 tag and an H2 tag with your keyword in it, right at the top of the page. This_helps_tell google what your web page is about.
    Yer but how old is that PDF? Its likely to be something back from the 90's lol

Keyword density is obsolete these days, meaning its not going to do a thing whether you have repeated your keyword 2% or 15% of the time, nor does using bold or italic text, that's been gone for some years now!

For the H tag comments, I don't believe they are a direct impact on rankings but it is said that google takes not of h1 tags to see more about what the page is about, so I do recommend using them when need as well as h2 tags to split up a page when needed.

But simply using H tags thinking they will help you to rank better or spamming them with keywords is the wrong idea.

Comments on this post

• shivirawat agrees : keyword planing is the most important part in content you should remmeber keyword density 1
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page: